Parents & tots free play time

Chrisu85

Hello!

As we have sailed previously on RCCL only before we had kids and since then with MSC, i would like to ask if there is a possibility to play together with the toddlers in the nursery, or is it mostly a babysitting service?  I only found this info: "There's also a complimentary, open play session on sea days during which parents are welcome to come in with their tots and play." 

MSC has free play hours on port and sea days available for all age groups, but how is it on Royal Caribbean? We would be travelling with 2 and 3 year olds, and they dont want to take part in any activities, but would just like to play freely with us. We dont need any babysitting service either, but want to enjoy the cruise together with our children 🙂 If thats not possible, then we have to keep cruising with MSC, even though i would strongly prefer Royal Caribbean.....

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences and info!

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

The nursery is a babysitting service. Parents arent allowed in the nursery during operating hours. Drop kids off and pick them up later.

But there are Tot play areas that are for the parents and kids on some ships.  I know on Oasis they had an area just outside of Adventure Ocean which was a climbing\play area for babies and toddlers that was meant as a free play with parent supervision area. Something like this...

Oasis of the Seas with kids: a cruise ship with a toddler - MUMMYTRAVELS

2 hours ago, ScottD said:

But there are Tot play areas that are for the parents and kids on some ships.  I know on Oasis they had an area just outside of Adventure Ocean which was a climbing\play area for babies and toddlers that was meant as a free play with parent supervision area. Something like this...

Oasis of the Seas with kids: a cruise ship with a toddler - MUMMYTRAVELS

I know during initial restart they removed this, but haven’t checked if they added it back.

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

I know during initial restart they removed this, but haven’t checked if they added it back.

It was there in February, I noticed it when we walked by to drop my 11 yr old off at AO....for the 30 minutes or so that he lasted before signing himself right back out, lol.