Singles Meet & Greet

Double D

There are some times self-led events on the ship for things like Solo cruisers or Lgbtq cruisers. I don't know if these are put out there by Royal or if they get requested by guests, but I guess you could try to set one up. That said, it may be more worth your time to find a singles themed cruise instead. While I'm sure there are others who may want to meet and greet and are single and ready to mingle on an every day cruise, I feel like there might be more people just out there to relax and just enjoy the break from life.

Create an event on the Facebook group for your sailing.  I’ve met wonderful people doing that.  We would meet for morning trivia )I’m not a morning person but forced myself to go) and we arranged to dine together at dinner.  It was nice to have the rest of the day to myself , if I chose to.  Some of us would also get together for other onboard activities and shows, and create a group chat in the RC app.  Note: the app chat is not all that! (Somewhat unpredictable or reliable)

2 hours ago, CrznTxn said:

The ships we have sailed on recently have had a Singles and Solo Cruisers gathering @ 7:00pm each night. On Voyager it is in the R Bar.

I believe every ship does these but there is no facilitator.  I’ve been to these where it’s held at the same time as trivia.  I’d say it’s like solo travelers are like an afterthought, “ oh yeah-let’s list then to be at the R bar”.  But how do you know who’s who if it’s a venue running events, or happens to be crowded due to pre dinner/show drinks?  I’d say they are missing out on a revenue stream by not truly engaging the solo crowd but realize they prefer a family in a cabin rather than a solo paying for 2 in a cabin as they are missing the second persons revenue from beverages, internet, excursions etc.