Toddlers in transportation during ports of call

Rocky007

First time cruising with our daughter (she'll be 2) on the allure of the seas this coming March.  Just curious about other people's experiences with island transportation and their toddlers? Are they OK on our lap? Are they OK in their stroller locked in? We're hoping to try a few taxis to beaches and one bus to get to one excursion and not sure what to expect and really hoping we're not going to have to lug a car seat to the beach lol. I've been on other cruises but honestly can't remeber what others had done... Any tips or advice would be great! 

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, DocLC said:

Even if you did take a car seat with you, the likelihood of the cabs/taxis having seat belts are very unlikely, so you won't be able to us it anyways.

We never even heard of a car seat when I was a kid! We always rode on our parents laps everywhere we went. And they didn't even wear seat belts back then! :1_grinning:

10 minutes ago, FManke said:

We never even heard of a car seat when I was a kid! We always rode on our parents laps everywhere we went. And they didn't even wear seat belts back then! :1_grinning:

My dad worked for ford Motor company at the world quarters in the safety department.   He was instrumental in helping get seat belts installed and ignition locks put in.  He wouldn't drive the car until i was buckled up! Jane

8 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

My dad worked for ford Motor company at the world quarters in the safety department.   He was instrumental in helping get seat belts installed and ignition locks put in.  He wouldn't drive the car until i was buckled up! Jane

He might have been one of the few. I'm old enough to remember when seat belts weren't even standard equipment on cars! :14_relaxed:

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2017 at 10:08 PM, Rocky007 said:

First time cruising with our daughter (she'll be 2) on the allure of the seas this coming March.  Just curious about other people's experiences with island transportation and their toddlers? Are they OK on our lap? Are they OK in their stroller locked in? We're hoping to try a few taxis to beaches and one bus to get to one excursion and not sure what to expect and really hoping we're not going to have to lug a car seat to the beach lol. I've been on other cruises but honestly can't remeber what others had done... Any tips or advice would be great! 

We hauled a car seat all the way to NYC from Florida when we took our Bermuda cruise. My child was 1 year old. It ended up being such a PITA that I shipped the car seat back to my house before we got on the ship. Just hold your child on your lap and you will be fine. Not sure where your going but if it involves Nassau (be careful with those crazy drivers). Advice: stay on the ship. The Allure is so amazing you really don't need to get off. 

53 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

We hauled a car seat all the way to NYC from Florida when we took our Bermuda cruise. My child was 1 year old. It ended up being such a PITA that I shipped the car seat back to my house before we got on the ship. Just hold your child on your lap and you will be fine. Not sure where your going but if it involves Nassau (be careful with those crazy drivers). Advice: stay on the ship. The Allure is so amazing you really don't need to get off. 

I'll second tonyfsu21's comments on Nassau and the Allure. :27_sunglasses: