Bar code trick

OK. So 33 days out for Mariner. Everything stills says GTY. But Set Sail pass now says deck 7 GTY muster C16. So I scanned the bar code and last 4 digits were 7***. This turns out to be an inside (connecting) promenade view cabin. Only paid for inside. Never had a promenade view (New experience always a cool thing) that's why I love a gty. If find it exciting finding out. 

My question is since the cabin number is only bar code viewable at this point. What are the chances it's locked in? When might it officially appear? Also, what are the chances it will show officially so I can print tags with documents 2 days before? I have luggage tag holders and like to put on each handle of every bag so if one falls off I'm still covered. Kinda mental about lost luggage. LOL.

I was in the less than 20 days countdown when I was assigned my room on a GTY on Liberty in June.  I don't recall that my luggage tags ever were able to be printed with the room assignment, I ended up writing in my last name and cabin number myself.  If you are eager, you can print the tags now, knowing you can add your cabin number once you have it.  I like your idea of multiple tagging just in case!!!

30 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

What are the chances it's locked in? When might it officially appear? Also, what are the chances it will show officially so I can print tags with documents 2 days before?

Chances are very high that will be your cabin. Congrats on the upgrade!

It could be made official at any time, just have to keep checking. And it's usually assigned early enough that you will be able to print luggage tags... again, just keep checking once officially assigned.

19 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Yeah, you could hit 30 days and not have an official cabin assignment and still be listed as gty when document printing time comes. Can you still print docs anyway at that point or just wait for cabin assignment?

I would just wait. If you can print luggage tags (I don't remember and never tried) they won't have your cabin on them.