Port Canaveral

gi333

57 minutes ago, gi333 said:

Hi.

I know that this question was probably asked a thousand times. We will be renting a car and was wondering if it's risky driving to Disney springs or the outlets? We will be at Port Canaveral from 1 to 9 pm.

Thanks 

I'm stuck on Risky vs Worth it. Lol.

By the time you get in the rental car it's at least 2pm. Possibly 230pm if they have little help working. 

I think I remember talking about this. You were looking for a weekday rental right? If so you deal with week day traffic each way. Not the same as early on a Sunday morning. You probably won't get to Disney Springs till 3/330pm. With possible traffic issues I wouldn't stay past 6pm. Me personally I don't think it's worth the trouble. But I would give myself a cut off of 6pm at the latest. Traffic and or an accident and bam, you have a problem. Probably would make my cut off 530pm to not worry. But that's me. 

As @OCSC Mike and @CanHardlyWait stated there are too many unknown factors to make this worth it.  If you are flying in for your cruise my suggestion would be to make this an after cruise destination.  Stay an extra day or two before flying home and spend an entire day at Disney Springs.  
We plan to do that next September when we cruise with friends on Utopia…turning a 4night cruise into a 7 night vacation (1 night before the cruise and 2 nights after).

Nothing free at KSC and definitely no self tours by car. With a 1pm arrival time at Port Canaveral, you wouldn't have enough time to really experience the KSC Visitor Center, as they close at 5pm. A shame because there really is a lot of history you can view up close. Have to agree with others about Disney Springs area, the traffic will make you drink to excess............and that's before you reboard the ship. 🤪