Coastal Kitchen Lounge And Internet Questions

We are taking our first Royal Caribbean cruise this fall and I have a lot of questions. We have taken many cruises on Disney (Platinum members), NCL, and 1 on Carnival (many years ago)
We are staying in the 1br Aquatheater Suite (Sky Access) on the Allure of the Sea.

This gives us access to the Coastal Kitchen Lounge. and We are supposed to get VOOM internet access.

Here are my questions:

How does the Coastal Kitchen food compare to the Main and/or specialty dining?
What drinks are included in the Coastal Kitchen?
Do we need to have a main dining seating if we only plan on using Coastal Kitchen?
Should we choose fixed main dining time or the flexible seating (since we may not use it much depending on the above answers)?

Are there any restriction on data for the VOOM service (like Disney)?
What type of interest speeds are expected? My wife is likely to work for short periods of time while on board.

Thanks in advance and sorry if they are topics that have been addressed before. The searches didn't help.

20 hours ago, GeorgeZ said:

Coastal Kitchen is a more intimate MDR experience for suite guests. I'd say it's a step ahead of MDR and since it's complimentary, a compelling option.

What drinks are included in the Coastal Kitchen?

Same as any other restaurant.

Do we need to have a main dining seating if we only plan on using Coastal Kitchen?

No

Are there any restriction on data for the VOOM service (like Disney)?

Nope, unlimited.

What type of interest speeds are expected? My wife is likely to work for short periods of time while on board.

Satellite internet isnt perfect, and it can vary depending on a variety of conditions.

In most cases, it will be sufficient for remote work. Video calls can be iffy.

My CK experience is limited but fwiw, I found it to be MUCH better than the MDR and not quite as good as the specialty restaurants we like but, as Matt mentioned, it's also included. We just ate in CK all 7 nights on Wonder last month (extended family's preference) and every meal was good... some were excellent (like night one filet mignon). The service we received was also the best we have ever encountered but that will of course vary from crew to crew.

Given a chance we always eat as the CK. Food is better, the space is much more intimate, and the service is strong. PS: the red wine sorbet offered as part of dessert one night is spectacular - I don't bother with the chocolate tort it's paired with (also great, mind you), I just get the sorbet.

If you eat in Coastal Kitchen during the suite Happy Hour times, most time the wait staff include your drinks ordered as free happy hour drinks. I believe those hours are 430-730. Although it is not written anywhere, Oasis class ships serve free beer and wine in the suite lounge from 11am-11pm. This was the case when we last sailed in January. You can have the concierge make your Coastal Kitchen reservations when they reach out about a week before sailing. 

10 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

Although it is not written anywhere, Oasis class ships serve free beer and wine in the suite lounge from 11am-11pm.

Still the case as of last month and I still don't understand why it's not written anywhere.

One can also get free Truly, hard cider, soda, and bottled water if so inclined.

34 minutes ago, GeorgeZ said:

We are on Sky Class -  Does the Drink package make sense?  

You get free beer, wine, Truly, hard cider, soda, bottled water in the suite lounge from 11-11 daily & an open bar happy hour from 5-8pm every night. You also have access to an espresso machine in the SL for fancy coffee drinks roughly 24/7.

You tell us.