Buying deluxe beverage package with refunding 1 person on 50% off

I'm guessing I already know the answer to this. But my wife does not drink and I've heard that I can buy the package and just call to get hers taken off. If I buy the deal where it is buy one get one half off. I assume if I do this it is just buying one at full price and not worth it. 

The buy one get one half off is really just a 25% off promo and you don’t technically need to by 2 packages to participate in the promo. You can call Royal and they will cancel one package and you will be refunded back 1/2 of the total purchase for the 2 packages. Then your wife will have to buy the refreshment package as a substitute. 

BOGOHP is only based on the “on-board” pricing. It’s Still $68/day x 2 people. It’s not $68/day first +$34/day for second. They will also require you to buy her the refreshment package as the “substitute “ for her Deluxe Beverage Package. Pricing for us when we did it for my brother and my mom on their room was the $68/day for DBP and $27/day for Refreshment Package. We also had the BOGOHP special at that time. I had to call to understand why it was so much more than 1+1/2 total price each day.  (GEAUX Tigers)

15 minutes ago, Mikei31 said:

Since when do they allow only 1 person to get the alcohol package?  It’s always been required for both adults in the room to get it or neither.

At least the past few years- it's just something you have to call to do. I don't drink, wife does- I had no issue calling and telling them that and being able to buy One Deluxe alcohol package and one refreshment pkg