which terminal at the Civitevechia Port

Hi we are travelling on Odyssey of the Seas departing Rome on 30 July 2023.  Does anyone know which terminal at the Civitevechia Port the ship will depart from please?  We are stopping in Rome for a couple of days prior to the cruise and trying to book a taxi from Rome to the port.  Thanks 

• Matt changed the title to which terminal at the Civitevechia Port

Not sure which pier, but when we sailed the Vision in Oct 22, my recollection is that there were 3 or 4 different cruise ships all in a row.  A shuttle bus when up and down the line, so you got off when you wanted.  Vision was berthed at the very end of the line.  Now you could tell the driver to simply continue until you see the ship.  If you are simply dropped off at the circle, then you'd grab the shuttle.  

We did this cruise in May 2023.  If you are cheap like me, you can also walk into the port no problem (about 1 mile from Forte Michelangelo).  There were walkways all the way into the port.  At that time, Odyssey was third ship in, but from not a bad walk at all. 

We took the train to and from Civitavecchia. and walked both ways to the port (about 1.5 miles from port to train).  It was reasonably priced both ways.  Outgoing was no problem but the return trip to Rome was crowded.  If you are taking the train back to Rome, I would recommend buying your return trip ticket early, because the train station is super crowded for the return and trains sell out.

I would just have the taxi drop you at the shuttle station. It’s likely the taxi won’t have access directly to the terminal. They need a permit. 

You could take the train from Rome and easily walk to the shuttle station. 

You could hire a private service that regularly makes that run and they’ll drop you at the door. 

On 7/11/2023 at 9:48 PM, Peter D said:

We did this cruise in May 2023.  If you are cheap like me, you can also walk into the port no problem (about 1 mile from Forte Michelangelo).  There were walkways all the way into the port.  At that time, Odyssey was third ship in, but from not a bad walk at all. 

We took the train to and from Civitavecchia. and walked both ways to the port (about 1.5 miles from port to train).  It was reasonably priced both ways.  Outgoing was no problem but the return trip to Rome was crowded.  If you are taking the train back to Rome, I would recommend buying your return trip ticket early, because the train station is super crowded for the return and trains sell out.

I agree with this. If you download the Trenitalia app you can book and pay train ticket on the app.  If you make an account and add a method of payment, you can just book online. Much easier if you don't know exactly what time you want to go. Just remember, the faster connections do work with reservations and the earlier you book, the cheaper the ticket. But the slower train is no more than 10 - 15 minutes slower and is always available to purchase.

Please also pay attention to the fact that the trains to Civitavecchia from Rome Central station depart from a very weird and very far off platform. It easily takes 10 - 15 minutes to walk there from the main platform. If you don't want to be running like a maniac with your luggage (like we were) get to the train station ahead of time 🙂

6 hours ago, tolkienfan43 said:

Heading to Rome next year on Odyssey of the Seas and wondering if Royal still offers a for-purchase shuttle from central Rome to the port?  

Perhaps I wasn't looking in the right place, but I never found transfer info for our recent Med cruise, Rome to Rome. We decided while on the ship to book a transfer to the airport from the ship. It was expensive, but was a good decision because Italy had a rail strike the day we disembarked.

To get to the ship, there was a metro stop outside the entrance to our hotel (Hotel Napoleon). One stop to Termini station where we got a train to Civitavecchia. That train is one of the longest walks inside the train station. Once off the train at the port station, it's a 6 euro (cash only) shuttle to the ship. Just tell the shuttle drivers you're going to Royal Caribbean.

You can do the reverse to get to the airport. You'll just change trains in Termini to get the one that takes you to the airport. I used the Trenitalia app to book our trains.