New Water Package

We always get the water package,a case or two.  We only buy it when it drops down to 40% off.  We were just checking the prices for our Sept Bermuda Cruise when I noticed that it's not the "old water package".  Now the only one I see is the Evian water which is alot more expensive.  We don't need to buy the fancy water, we just like having some bottles in the room.  Anyone have any ideas what's going on? And yes we also bring our own reuseable water bottles, but we drink so much water and want a supple.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, 3rdchocolatier said:

We always get the water package,a case or two.  We only buy it when it drops down to 40% off.  We were just checking the prices for our Sept Bermuda Cruise when I noticed that it's not the "old water package".  Now the only one I see is the Evian water which is alot more expensive.  We don't need to buy the fancy water, we just like having some bottles in the room.  Anyone have any ideas what's going on? And yes we also bring our own reuseable water bottles, but we drink so much water and want a supple.  Thanks.

In my planner it changed to Evian 2 weeks ago. However, the price for the old "non fancy" water was the same. It's been about $30 for 12 bottles for 4 to 6 months now. Not because on brand name, but mark up in price for profit. If your looking for Royal to sell you a dozen bottles for less then about $30 it's just not going to happen regardless of brand. 

Funny that you mention this - I just noticed that you can get 6 water bottles and a RC bag via the "Gifts and Gear" tab for about $30, which is the same price for about 12 bottles of water. If I was going to buy some water just to have in the room and have a reusable water bottle too (like you said), I'd probaby go with this option versus buying the water package. Just a thought!

Thanks for the feedback. Sometimes it just all confuses me.  However, we went in this morning and they are running their sale.  The water is 40% off right now.  So it's $22.99 for the 12 pack of 1 litre bottles of Evian . We just did 2 of the 12 packs cause it comes out a few dollars cheaper. It all works out good for me in the end.  I love my water.

10 minutes ago, 3rdchocolatier said:

Thanks for the feedback. Sometimes it just all confuses me.  However, we went in this morning and they are running their sale.  The water is 40% off right now.  So it's $22.99 for the 12 pack of 1 litre bottles of Evian . We just did 2 of the 12 packs cause it comes out a few dollars cheaper. It all works out good for me in the end.  I love my water.

That's as good a price as it will get anymore. Congrats.

5 hours ago, CruiseMommyOf3 said:

Hi!

I would like to know... my husband saw that you can bring one bottle of wine per adult and 12 bottles/cans of water or juices etc. Is that still in effect?? Thanks! 🙂

It is 1 bottle per adult and 12 bottle/cans up to 17oz per room. 

3 minutes ago, CruiseMommyOf3 said:

So if we are 5 in the room, we can bring up to 60 bottles of water for the room?

The policy is 12 per cabin, so it's the same whether it is 1 person or 14 in the room.

It is up to the port workers to enforce. You do have to carry on all the bottles/cans and can not check it with your luggage.

12 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The policy is 12 per cabin, so it's the same whether it is 1 person or 14 in the room.

It is up to the port workers to enforce. You do have to carry on all the bottles/cans and can not check it with your luggage.

It is weird the bottles of wine are per adult but water isn't per person lol oh well... Thanks for the info!

4 minutes ago, CruiseMommyOf3 said:

It is weird the bottles of wine are per adult but water isn't per person lol oh well... Thanks for the info!

Agreed!  Should make the allowance a per person thing. Much easier to enforce that way. 

But with a larger party purchasing a case of water for the cabin may be more ideal than lugging it around to board anyways, especially with cabins not open until 2pm.

1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

Agreed!  Should make the allowance a per person thing. Much easier to enforce that way. 

But with a larger party purchasing a case of water for the cabin may be more ideal than lugging it around to board anyways, especially with cabins not open until 2pm.

Yes, I would not have any problem to bring it around as a have a small folding carry-on trolley but I'm trying to see my options as whether or not we should pay for refreshment package or not as we are all water drinkers and both my husband and I are coffee drinkers lol but if we cannot bring as much water.. they have water stations to fill up your thermos?

16 minutes ago, CruiseMommyOf3 said:

Yes, I would not have any problem to bring it around as a have a small folding carry-on trolley but I'm trying to see my options as whether or not we should pay for refreshment package or not as we are all water drinkers and both my husband and I are coffee drinkers lol but if we cannot bring as much water.. they have water stations to fill up your thermos?

They have water dispensers available throughout the ship to fill up your own water bottles. They just ask that you use their provided cups at the dispenser and pour them into your bottle. You can also ask for a glass of water at any bar on the ship.

Regular coffee is available for free. If you want Iced coffee, flavored coffee or espresso based coffee drinks those are an upcharge (but would be included in the Refreshment Package or the Coffee Card).