Checking in using App

Hi All,

Coming from the UK, I will need to be up at 5am to check in for my Caribbean cruise to (hopefully) get an early check in/port arrival time.

I know that the app allows you to skip to the section for check in/port arrival, so there is an advantage to check in using the app over a desktop.  Must I complete the other sections straight away, or can it be left for another couple of hours so I can upload pictures of the rest of my family - I understand with the app you must take a 'live' photo, and cant upload a previously saved photo?  Are there any work-arounds if not, as I don't fancy waking my wife and kids up at 5am.

Many thanks in advance for your help,
MM.

1 hour ago, MoonMan81 said:

I understand with the app you must take a 'live' photo, and cant upload a previously saved photo?

You actually don't have to upload a photo at all. Of course you can if you want to but, if you don't (or if the technology mucks you about and you can't), they'll take one at the port and it will add about 10 seconds to the check-in process there.

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

You actually don't have to upload a photo at all. Of course you can if you want to but, if you don't (or if the technology mucks you about and you can't), they'll take one at the port and it will add about 10 seconds to the check-in process there.

Once you snag your slot with the app, you can use the website check-in to upload an existing photo. Just if it gives you an error, just try the same one again, it'll likely work.

I checked in for my next cruise last week on Thursday. I didn't have any of the other information with me at the time, so I just reserved the check-in time. I didn't go back and fill in the information for passports, etc. Until Sunday. Perfectly fine. Don't feel like you have to get up at 5:00 a.m. either! If you get up at your normal time, you're probably still good. 👍