xSAILEDx Wonder of the Seas - Jan 21 — Jan 28, 2024 - (7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)

• Monic.TW changed the title to Wonder of the Seas - Jan 21 — Jan 28, 2024 - (7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)
On 6/5/2023 at 9:52 PM, Monic.TW said:

This will be mine and my husband's very first sailing on any cruise ship ever. This is also a particularly special sailing for us because our 9-year wedding anniversary will be happening during the sailing.

Who else will be on this sailing?

You picked a great ship and itinerary for your first sailing.   We are on this sailing as well.   We can't wait!!

On 6/20/2023 at 10:14 PM, Ampurp85 said:

I am on this sailing with my brother and mother; it is part of my Jan/Feb S2S2S. We do Mariner, then Wonder and I end with a solo Allure. 

Wow!  We can only dream of cruising for that long.  Hopefully in retirement.  I'm a newbie prime member.  We used our annual prime certificate for this sailing.  Can't wait!

2 hours ago, Vacation Crazy said:

Wow!  We can only dream of cruising for that long.  Hopefully in retirement.  I'm a newbie prime member.  We used our annual prime certificate for this sailing.  Can't wait!

I used my annual Prime cert for this one as well, as well as an earned certificate(s) on the Mariner and Allure. I live in Chicago, so I normally cruise for 2-3 eeks in Jan/Feb because that is my vacation time and if I have to fly it should be worth it. 

On 6/14/2023 at 10:14 AM, Vacation Crazy said:

You picked a great ship and itinerary for your first sailing.   We are on this sailing as well.   We can't wait!!

Awesome! It will be so nice to meet other cruiser that use this blog.

What are you most looking forward to doing on the ship?

On 6/20/2023 at 10:14 PM, Ampurp85 said:

I am on this sailing with my brother and mother; it is part of my Jan/Feb S2S2S. We do Mariner, then Wonder and I end with a solo Allure. 

Woo! Sounds like you guys are going to have a busy January and February!

14 hours ago, Monic.TW said:

@Vacation Crazy hey do you happen to know what the water temperature is like in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands during that season? My husband and I are considering getting some time on the beach and either location.

I googled average temperatures by month for our port stops.  The average temp in St Maarteen is 83 degrees in January.  I think we are going to do a beach day in St Maarteen.  We plan on walking to the fort in Puerto Rico and hopefully we get a nice warm day in Cococay🤞.

12 hours ago, Vacation Crazy said:

FYI... If you fly Southwest they released their schedule for our cruise period today.  I got a non stop flight home(Detroit) for $119.  I was happy with that!

Thank you so much for the reminder I had thought I'd set an alarm on my phone to remind me that they were releasing those dates today. Now it's time for me to see what kind of a deal I can get from Reagan international to Orlando.

8 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Ugh my brother set his alarm for the SWA and they want $213 each way from MDW to MCO. I am sure the price will go down......or I get my way and we fly AA. 

Yeah that's a little steep. I decided to book two one-way flights one going to Orlando and one coming back for Orlando because it actually turned out to be cheaper. 

The first leg came out to $197 total for two tickets going from Reagan to Orlando.

Second leg looks like it'll probably be about $220 total, But I plan on paying for that leg on our next paycheck.

Plus by booking it as two separate one-way flights were able to break up the cost over a couple of paychecks rather than an all coming out in one lump.

53 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Is that a lot ?  Seems pretty reasonable to me, but I haven't flown in a long time !!  😊

I just booked my return flight home for this cruise on Southwest.  I paid $119/ticket for a non-stop flight to Detroit.  I'm sure you are grateful you don't fly much anymore.  Airfare is all over the place.

*This is another argument my husband uses to retire to Florida someday* 

2 hours ago, Monic.TW said:

Yeah that's a little steep. I decided to book two one-way flights one going to Orlando and one coming back for Orlando because it actually turned out to be cheaper. 

The first leg came out to $197 total for two tickets going from Reagan to Orlando.

Second leg looks like it'll probably be about $220 total, But I plan on paying for that leg on our next paycheck.

Plus by booking it as two separate one-way flights were able to break up the cost over a couple of paychecks rather than an all coming out in one lump.

I'm glad you got your flights booked.  That is my least favorite part of planning a cruise😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2023 at 7:50 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Is that a lot ?  Seems pretty reasonable to me, but I haven't flown in a long time !!  😊

For SWA no. Those same flights a week earlier are $81 each way.  Thats $426 for bare bones seats and double that for the Business select. AA has first-class round-trip flights for only $653.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2023 at 10:02 AM, Vacation Crazy said:

I don't want to wish away the holidays but this sailing can't get here soon enough!!  We are getting close. 

I know exactly how you feel. This cruise has been a dream of mine for the last 5 years. And it was only because I got rated by the VA that I was able to afford to book this cruise. So while yes I do absolutely love the holidays, I can't wait for my first sailing ❤️

17 hours ago, Monic.TW said:

I know exactly how you feel. This cruise has been a dream of mine for the last 5 years. And it was only because I got rated by the VA that I was able to afford to book this cruise. So while yes I do absolutely love the holidays, I can't wait for my first sailing ❤️

I'm excited for you to experience your first cruise!  Are you a member of this sailing's Facebook page?  They come up with a lot of good pointers and questions that may be helpful to you.  And a reminder that check in opens December 7th.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3248154592127322

On 11/16/2023 at 10:06 AM, Vacation Crazy said:

I'm excited for you to experience your first cruise!  Are you a member of this sailing's Facebook page?  They come up with a lot of good pointers and questions that may be helpful to you.  And a reminder that check in opens December 7th.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3248154592127322

I am now, thank you for the link 😊

• 3 weeks later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Wonder of the Seas - Jan 21 — Jan 28, 2024 - (7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)