Confused...how to book enterainment venues?

My family is cruising Wonder of the Seas on July 16th.  Until recently the ability to register for Entertainment venues was not open. The message was "We are putting on finishing touches.."   I have been diligently checking for the Entertainment to become available.   Today, when I logged into my Royal account the Entertainment the message is " Reserve your seat now! Or check availability at Box Office or on Royal App once onboard."  This makes me believe reserving for entertainment is now open.   BUT there is no option on the Entertainment page to make reservations?   Do I have to complete the "Check-in" process first, or what am I missing here?

Since check in opens long before entertainment, I’ve always been checked in already.  But I’m not sure it’s a requirement to book.  I made my reservations through the daily planner tab on the app (not the entertainment link).

Also, the longer you wait to check in, the later arrival time you’ll get.  If you haven’t done so, I’d check in now.

Our cruise on Ovation is a week from today.  As of this morning, the only show available to reserve is Spectra's Cabinet.  According to the May 11 cruise planner posted, other shows listed were "Live, Love, Legs", "The Beautiful Dream", and "Oh What a Night". The May 11 cruise was an 8-day with a different starting port and the itininerary was a little different, but I would expect that there will be one or more other shows on our cruise.  I'll keep checking daily but we may have to wait until after we board to book any more entertainment. 

17 minutes ago, Southern Waters said:

Our cruise on Ovation is a week from today.  As of this morning, the only show available to reserve is Spectra's Cabinet.  According to the May 11 cruise planner posted, other shows listed were "Live, Love, Legs", "The Beautiful Dream", and "Oh What a Night". The May 11 cruise was an 8-day with a different starting port and the itininerary was a little different, but I would expect that there will be one or more other shows on our cruise.  I'll keep checking daily but we may have to wait until after we board to book any more entertainment. 

If it's anything like Anthem (same class of ship), Spectra's Cabaret is the only show that requires advance booking, due to the small size of the venue. All other entertainment will likely be first-come-first-served on board, with no booking required.

3 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

If it's anything like Anthem (same class of ship), Spectra's Cabaret is the only show that requires advance booking, due to the small size of the venue. All other entertainment will likely be first-come-first-served on board, with no booking required.

You beat me to it. 🙂

24 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Thanks for the info!  It takes one more thing off my checklist LOL