Online Check-in for Group

I will be (hopefully) doing the online check-in for our group, in order to get the earliest boarding time. 3 families (5 rooms). The reservations are all linked and I can see them on my app.

Thanks to you folks, I believe it is best to check in on the APP vs. website, is that correct? And do I need to have any other information on hand from the other families, in order to snag that boarding time? I believe the families can complete the rest of the information later (pictures, etc.)

Thanks for your input! 

Yes the APP is best for check-in and no you do not need to add anything else at the time of check-in.  Yes, the families can do the other input of documents, pictures, etc anytime after the check-in .  Good luck…hope you get the earliest time!  I’ll be doing this myself for 7 rooms (17 people) on June 13th!

On advice from this forum, I was able to secure an early boarding time for our group of 8 in via the App (phone or tablet).  Then I had everyone go to the web page and upload all pertinent information including passport information, their own credit card information, submit pictures and the like. This was several days (and for 1 couple a few weeks) from the initial check-in time. They have chosen and paid for their own onboard activities and shore excursions.

I had all the rooms (I booked them all thru Costco Travel) linked to my account. So, I just went down the line and grabbed 10:30 times.  They are my grown kids and spouses. I am retired and they all work.  So, I manage the process for the most part.  I have modified the PDF luggage tags and added their names. I'll print out their luggage tags and bring them with me as none of them has a printer. 

1)  Check in and choose a boarding time via the app and only the app.

2)  Add all the minutia after that via the app or website.

Sorry to be repetitive but I came here with this same question and found this thread-- so even if we paid for the cabins separately, if I have the reservations linked and I can see them on my account, I can check multiple rooms in? Good tip about the app - I never use it, lol! I'll do it this time. 

5 hours ago, cruisinnewbie said:

Sorry to be repetitive but I came here with this same question and found this thread-- so even if we paid for the cabins separately, if I have the reservations linked and I can see them on my account, I can check multiple rooms in? Good tip about the app - I never use it, lol! I'll do it this time. 

Yes

I am a new cruiser.  So we can check in at 12:01 am on our check in date?  (July 11th for us).   But is that 12:01 central time, eastern time, or pacific time????    We are boarding in Seattle, if that matters.  
7 day Alaskan Inside Passage cruise.  

How do I group all of our rooms together to have the same boarding time?   

Thank you!  

51 minutes ago, Cindy58 said:

I am a new cruiser.  So we can check in at 12:01 am on our check in date?  (July 11th for us).   But is that 12:01 central time, eastern time, or pacific time????    We are boarding in Seattle, if that matters.  
7 day Alaskan Inside Passage cruise.  

How do I group all of our rooms together to have the same boarding time?   

Thank you!  

It's 12:01 in the time zone from which your cruise departs.

We've got this situation coming up very soon for our August cruise on Quantum.  We're bringing our daughters plus son-in-law/significant other.  My instinct is to go online at 12:01 am on the appointed day and book all three cabins for the earliest boarding time.  Our only issue in that regard will be this:  My wife and I are flying to Seattle the day before and spending the night in a Downtown Seattle hotel.  So, in the morning, we'll have breakfast at the hotel, check out and Uber to the pier.   BUT, the other four live in Portland and, therefore, are DRIVING...about a three-hour drive.  I can TELL them to be "on the road" by 7:00 am...but them actually doing that is another thing (and, the cruise is on a MONDAY).  Do I just make them all 10:30 reservations and hope for the best?  If they don't get there until, say, 11:00 am...or even noon...they won't turn them away, will they?