Dinner Reservations MTD, Specialty, CK

Hello! I am planning for a cruise and I am going for a Jr. Suite on an Oasis-class ship. This is my first cruise and I have a few questions regarding the dining reservations
1. Is it possible for me to book selected nights from all 7 nights of the cruise when I visit Coastal Kitchen on the first day or could I only book the first couple of nights? For example, could I try to book CK for nights 3 and 5 on the first day?
2. If the night for Coastal Kitchen interferes with Specialty Dining or my reserved My Time Dining, could the staff cancel and replace the reservations on the spot?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Since this is my first cruise, it is very stressful. Thank you!

Staying in a JS means you are at the mercy of the CK gods. Depending on how many pinnacles and guest in full suites will determine whether you can make multiple reservations. It will also depend on your party size, a table of 2 each night will be easier to accommodate. Also you will probably be offered the less desirable dinner times.

A total of 3 people will be coming on this trip. My preferred CK dates are on days 3, 5, and 7, but I do want to reserve My Time Dining on those 3 days in case the dinner time does not work out. I booked the 3-night dining package as well, so my question is: Could I book for nights 4 and 6 on the first day when I get on the ship (excluding courtesy reservation)? 

8 hours ago, Dumpling214 said:

I booked the 3-night dining package as well, so my question is: Could I book for nights 4 and 6 on the first day when I get on the ship (excluding courtesy reservation)? 

Yes, it is recommended that you make those reservations early as possible on the first day. You can make these at any specialty restaurant, with dining staff that are scattered throughout the ship, or through the app. 

16 hours ago, wordell1 said:

I would book the whole week on MTD with the times you want.  They can easily be cancelled as you make other plans.

Thank you! This is exactly what I thought to do. If I make specialty dining on-board will my MTD be cancelled automatically or do I have to cancel them manually?

6 hours ago, Dumpling214 said:

will my MTD be cancelled automatically or do I have to cancel them manually?

That's a good question !  Supposedly, your MTD reservations are cancelled immediately but 100% of the time, when I have done this, the MTD still shows up in the app....but that doesn't mean much, TBH.  I would just ask the person who is making the specialty reservations for you what you need to do to make sure you aren't double-booked...then let the fates take you wherever they will....

On 5/23/2023 at 5:36 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

That's a good question !  Supposedly, your MTD reservations are cancelled immediately but 100% of the time, when I have done this, the MTD still shows up in the app....but that doesn't mean much, TBH.  I would just ask the person who is making the specialty reservations for you what you need to do to make sure you aren't double-booked...then let the fates take you wherever they will....

Thank you! I think I would just ask the person to see if the MTD cancelation would be made. If not, I will go down to the Main Dining Room to do so because I've planned to visit the whole ship on the first day so it would not be a hassle at all.