Ravenna flooded, embarkation port changed.

Notified this evening that Ravenna port is closed due to area flooding and now will be embarking from Trieste (May 21). Interestingly, they have asked everyone go to check in at the old Venice port Maritima in Venezia and then they will transfer everyone to the ship in Trieste. Has anyone else had a similar situation? I’m wondering if they are going to transfer us by ferry or bus and what the best way to get to the port is in Venice.

My daughter boards this cruise on the 21st and is leaving from Trieste. She has been all over Italy in the past few weeks and is currently in Venice where she will check in for the cruise. She is also still not sure how she's getting to Trieste, but understands RC is arranging that.

I hope everything goes smoothly for everyone and the weather improves.

Feel so bad for the people caught in these floods. Devastating.

We are arriving in Ravenna on the 28th and they are offering shuttles to Bologna and Venice because the train station in Ravenna is closed due to damage. 

Departure was pretty smooth. They checked us in at the old Venice terminal 107 and we boarded buses to Triste where we got right on. Added some time, but was neat to see Triste and everything leading to the ship.

Cruise port is open and train station is closed. RC arranged bus transfers to Bologna train station, several local airports, and Ravenna city center (hotel guests I suppose). They all picked up guests to take back to the ship. They were queuing when we left the bus in Bologna.