Getting home from Galveston

Hi, 

We are going on the Allure in August and I was wondering for those who used rideshare to go home or to the airport after their cruise out of Galveston,  what was your experience?  Was there surge pricing? Was it difficult to locate the driver(s) ?  Any tips or tricks? Did you prebook?

**We sailed on Adventure out of Galveston in March.  See the review I posted after our trip below**

We just returned from a 4 day sailing on Adventure of the Seas yesterday. This was our first time sailing out of Galveston.  I was a little nervous about our transportation going in.  We had 3 people in our party.   Here is how it worked out for us.

--We flew in on Wednesday to the Bush Airport(IAH).  We got an Uber within 10 minutes of requesting one.  It cost us $87.73(that included a 25% tip) to take us to the Holiday Inn in Galveston. 

--On cruise day the Uber cost $14.21(that included a 25% tip) to take us from the hotel to the port.  She was able to drop us off at the port with no problems. 

-- We disembarked on Monday. We took a short walk(about 10 minutes) outside of the port area to a corner store.  We were told if you walk outside the port area it would cheaper and easier to get a ride.  Our Uber ride arrived less than 10 minutes after requesting one.  We flew out of the Hobby airport(HOU).  The Uber ride cost us $73.75(that included a 25% tip).

I was a little worried after reading so much about transportation issues in Galveston.  We had no issues using Uber.   

We did the Allure in April.  We took Lyft from the Hotel by the GB Airport to the port.  I prebooked the ride to guarantee my ride and price.  It ended up costing me about $90 for the trip but it was hotel pickup and cruise ship door drop-off.  At that time Uber was not allowed in the port.  When we got off the ship it was Easter Sunday and I was afraid of getting a Lyft, so I booked the Cruise Ship Shuttle.   That was also about $90 for the two of us.   It was not as convenient as the Lyft, but it got us there.

Note:  The day we boarded the ship, we seen people backed up trying to get to their Uber rides because they did not realize they had to walk out of the port area to get their ride.  I was told Uber got approved to enter the port, but I do not know if that has happened yet.