Alaska 2024: Quantum or Ovation?

We are Alaska bound in 2024 but not sure if we should sail Ovation or Quantum? They both are understandingly the same class of ships but is there a reason I should sail one over the other? Decisions, decisions, decisions. I might just roll the dice because the only difference I see is the noodle bar and fish & ships between the two. 

I've sailed both in Alaska.  The ships are nearly identical.  If you were teleported between ships there are areas you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.  

Look for subtle differences in the itineraries.  How long is the ship in each port of call (especially Victoria)?

When I was on Quantum the noodle bar served different items compared to the menu offered in Asia.  

If one day of the week for embarkation works better for you factor that in.  

I’m not sure about 2024, but for 2023 there is a huge difference in that Quantum isn’t going to Skagway. Having been to Skagway, that would be heartbreaking. I agree with @twangster to look VERY closely at the itineraries for port times when booking. Last thing you want is a full day in Victoria, but only a 5 hour day in Ketchikan, Skagway, Juneau, or Sitka. 

We have done Ovation in Alaska and just sailed Quantum to Vancouver.  Agree with @twangster that the difference is very subtle.  Some of the art work is different and there are a few interactive pieces on Ovation and the noodle place is Fish ‘n Ships but otherwise you couldn’t really differentiate.  Look at dates, price and itinerary to help make the choice.  I’ll add that the mix of suites is a little higher on Ovation so if you are choosing a suite (or Jr. Suite) the Coastal Kitchen and suite lounge may feel busier on her.

I've been on Quantum, love it, will be on again for Alaska in September. Given that the 2 ships are so nearly exactly alike, perhaps consider their embarkment/disembarkment days and associated travel expenses? This summer, Quantum is in Seattle every Monday and Ovation is there every Friday. So less expensive to fly in/stay the night before on a Sunday and fly home on Monday as we are for Quantum - or - to fly in and overnight on a Thursday and fly home Saturday? May be something, may be a wash.