Royal Genie Ovation of the Seas (Alaska Jun 2024)

First time on a cruise and I decided to go with a larger Grand Loft Suite instead of 2 balcony's so we had a better view and more space for a family of 4 to spread out.  The travel agent mentioned that the Grand Loft was Star Class Suite and the best benefit was the Royal Genie and said that with Star Class you almost have the keys to the ship.  My question is where can I fine a list of what the Royal Genie can do for us?  I'm leery in believing everything the travel agent told me because it sounds too good to be true.  I don't want to be that person that is asking too much and over step boundaries, but I do want to use the benefit.  My in-laws booked an inside cabin without an upgraded meal package.  My biggest question is can I have 2 or 3 dinners delivered to my cabin and all 6 of us eat dinner together from Jaime's Italian or Chop's Grill?

4 hours ago, sej5814 said:

My biggest question is can I have 2 or 3 dinners delivered to my cabin and all 6 of us eat dinner together from Jaime's Italian or Chop's Grill?

If you are very very lucky this might be possible, but the Genie will usually politely say no if you try to include people in none Star Class cabins in the benefits. At Jamie's it might be easier, your Genie will be more likely to say yes in booking a table for you 6 there, and your parents then have to pay or use a dining plan.

Generally the Genie can do a lot of things but only for the people who have actually booked a start class cabin.

5 hours ago, sej5814 said:

can I have 2 or 3 dinners delivered to my cabin and all 6 of us eat dinner together from Jaime's Italian or Chop's Grill?

The official answer to this question is, "...Star Class service is only for Star Class passengers...".  If you ask this question of your Genie before boarding, it is almost 100% guaranteed that this is the answer you will get.  

However....once you get onboard I would be very surprised if your request was denied.  It will depend upon your Genie and how strict they are, regarding the rules.  Personally, I have never had a reasonable request denied....but do not be disappointed if the answer is, "no".  That is the official answer to your question.

I would also expect for your parents to be included in any entertainment reservations/seating that you attend.

Enjoy the OPS.  It is a wonderful suite.

There verandas in a Grand Loft Suite, sounds like 10320 or 10720.  We did that for our family of three and for Alaska the extra balcony is great.  The room is great but those corner rooms are a little smaller than the middle GLS.  Enjoy the cruise and the room.

It might be easiest to add the dining package for your party that are not in the suite.  You can work out meals but it will make things so much easier.  It will not put you or the genie into an awkward situation.  They can easily make a dining reservation for the whole party.  It avoids putting the servers in a position to sort orders and charges if you all have have the UDP.  

I think some people might be misreading the OP post. They asked if they could order room service from one of the specialty restaurants and have it in their room to share with the others in their party. I see no reason why this is not feasible. They can have lots of food delivered with SC. The only issues will be Chops as it is one entree per person, and they will know its 4 in the room as opposed to 6. 

On 5/14/2023 at 8:10 AM, Ampurp85 said:

I think some people might be misreading the OP post. They asked if they could order room service from one of the specialty restaurants and have it in their room to share with the others in their party. I see no reason why this is not feasible. They can have lots of food delivered with SC. The only issues will be Chops as it is one entree per person, and they will know its 4 in the room as opposed to 6. 

Agree it is do-able, but having been in that room, I would say that lunch, snacks, or maybe one dinner would be fine in the Suite.  The room can accommodate four and six will fit for a visit.  If you wanted to have six comfortably they will need to spread out some across the two deck and even outside.  If you tried to all hang in the living room area it will start to feel cramped.  Six people dining in that room is going to be even less comfortable.  Doing that routinely might not be as fun and might even create some friction, unless everyone REALLY gets along well.  

We did two lunches in that suite, and even with our group of three the table started to feel a little tight.  Granted one meal included the old Seafood Tower!!!  With the one lunch, we did two people at the table and rotated one person sitting out on the back watching the wildlife.  This lunch for three filled the table and unless you were seated in the spot where this pic was taken, you could feel a little cramped.  The two chairs backing the window are OK but the window angle does start to pinch you in, and if you are along the wall to really can't move further to that side.   

image.jpeg.749a791d8e1b0f138f261ad833ddeb1b.jpeg

As simple fix and it will almost give the non-suite guess the Star Class experience is just adding the dining package.