Corkage fee and rules

SePa

If I bring my own bottle of wine/champagne to dinner at MDR what is the corkage fee. Is it different to wine or champagne or just 1 standard fee?

What happens if I only hand half a bottle and bring the rest the next day. Do I pay corkage again?

On 5/13/2023 at 4:43 AM, SePa said:

If I bring my own bottle of wine/champagne to dinner at MDR what is the corkage fee. Is it different to wine or champagne or just 1 standard fee?

What happens if I only hand half a bottle and bring the rest the next day. Do I pay corkage again?

Hi @SePa!

We can confirm that they can "waive" the corkage fee. On our last sailing in January, we had a group of 6 and we dined together. One of the couples did not purchase the DBP and brought 2 bottles of wine onboard to enjoy with dinner. When they asked the waiter about the corkage fee, he smiled and quietly told us he would not charge for it. Not sure if the fact that 4 of us had the DBP played any part in his decision or if this is a common practice. As @Xaa mentioned, they will offer to store it for you in the MDR until you finish the opened bottle(s)... no need to take it back and forth to the MDR (unless you bring a fresh bottle of course from your cabin!).

Also, sometimes we bring a couple of bottles of wine onboard even if we have the DBP. When you get to your stateroom and meet your attendant on embarkation day, just ask and they will gladly get you a corkscrew and a couple of wine glasses for your cabin (no charge).

Here is the official "policy" for corkage fees... they may charge $15 per bottle to open bottles to be consumed in public areas:

Link: Does Royal Caribbean charge a corkage fee? | Royal Caribbean Cruises