School me about Celebrity cruises?

RCIfan1912

Thinking of possibly trying Celebrity cruises after the 3 Royal Caribbean cruises we have booked. 

It's not as straight forward as booking a Royal Caribbean cruise. There is a "just cruise" booking and the inclusive booking but as far I could tell it was like 250 bucks difference and included a lot like drinks and gratuities. Again this is only going off visiting the website once or twice. 

How is the Celebrity Eclipse? The cruise I was looking at was May 2025 on the Eclipse. 

Please let me know anything I need to know about Celebrity cruises. Oh we have kids, right now they are 9 and 15 months. Kids are ok on Celebrity or is it kinda we are gonna get rude looks from the regular crowd? Thanks for any help or advice. 

There's a separate topic for Celebrity,  which will probably answer your questions.

With that in mind, they have a base fare and an everything included.  As far as which is better, it comes down to price and what you might purchase.  

Everything included gives you a basic alcohol drink package,  basic internet,  which you can upgrade for a fee and gratuities. 

One word of warning.  Celebrity charges more for internet than royal and basic internet is nit really usable. 

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Thinking of possibly trying Celebrity cruises after the 3 Royal Caribbean cruises we have booked. 

It's not as straight forward as booking a Royal Caribbean cruise. There is a "just cruise" booking and the inclusive booking but as far I could tell it was like 250 bucks difference and included a lot like drinks and gratuities. Again this is only going off visiting the website once or twice. 

How is the Celebrity Eclipse? The cruise I was looking at was May 2025 on the Eclipse. 

Please let me know anything I need to know about Celebrity cruises. Oh we have kids, right now they are 9 and 15 months. Kids are ok on Celebrity or is it kinda we are gonna get rude looks from the regular crowd? Thanks for any help or advice. 

You would find more information on the Celebrity/Silverseas board in the discussion area.

16 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I'm going to move this over to the other section, but my advice is especially if you are booking with a line with which you are unfamiliar, book through a travel agent who is familiar with the line.  They will really be able to sort some of the confusion out for you.

Thanks, I was gonna ask for it to be moved. Yes, I'll be booking with my regular TA. I just didn't want to inundate him with a bunch of questions right off the bat. Kinda want to get a feel for the line before asking 100 questions. 

27 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Thanks, I was gonna ask for it to be moved. Yes, I'll be booking with my regular TA. I just didn't want to inundate him with a bunch of questions right off the bat. Kinda want to get a feel for the line before asking 100 questions. 

I'm really looking forward to trying them, too!  I need to stop booking so many RC sailings, lol.

• 2 months later...
On 4/29/2023 at 1:48 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

DIfferent ratę structure that offers the ability to purchase a more inclusive experience.  They offer "perks" which include pre-paid beverage, tips, internet, and OBC based upon what class and package you elect to purchase.    Most of the time is an uncharge from RCL fare (except for lower suite packages), which can be less than Royal when you consider the perks.  Also, Celeb ships are medium sized ships without any notable toys for adventure seekers.   Only pools, hot tubs and spa.   Kids are welcome and they have programs for them, but its ships are not a draw for kids as they do not offer the "attractions".  We sail both brands, but Celebrity a little more.