Bed's and Mattress

oldmill

Any answers you are going to get are going to be 100% subjective to that specific responder. I can tell you they are great and the next person can say they suck. You aren’t going to get a consensus that is meaningful to you. This very topic has been debated over and over on this forum and we have yet to come to a unified agreement on their level of comfort. I will personally say that I find the mattresses quite comfortable and a bit on the soft side. Others WILL chime in a disagree…guaranteed! 😂🤣

I’ve not slept on deck 7 balcony, I’ve been in their interior cabins, other balcony and their junior suite.  I have lower back issues.  I find the bed is too hard to the point I can barely walk when I wake up,  you can request a mattress topper on your reservation or ask your room steward for one. 

52 minutes ago, Starrynight0154 said:

I’m recovering from a herniated disc 2 years ago, 90% better, but have chronic intermittent pain still. Mattress was very comfortable on our cruise. My issue was with the pillows, they were huge, had to request smaller ones.

Agree about the pillows.  We always request some smaller ones

I love the big body pillows!  I am a very active sleeper and with the big pillows, no matter which way I flip, there’s a pillow there.  I also have a bad shoulder and when I sleep on my right side, I need support under the left arm.  The pillows are perfect for that.

13 hours ago, Starrynight0154 said:

My issue was with the pillows, they were huge, had to request smaller ones

13 hours ago, Linda R said:

Agree about the pillows.  We always request some smaller ones

1st time cruising 04/2024! …are the pillow on-board really that big?! Hopefully they’re still rectangular in shape, and not like those insanely-large square ones you find in Germany… 😢💧?

27 minutes ago, Yenskiboo said:

1st time cruising 04/2024! …are the pillow on-board really that big?! Hopefully they’re still rectangular in shape, and not like those insanely-large square ones you find in Germany… 😢💧?

They’re rectangular like a body pillow. I found it left my head in an unnaturally high position due to the height of the pillow. I’m 6’3” 240lbs and they were too large. Requested a smaller one from my room attendant. He was very busy and it came 2 days later. I’d recommend bringing a pillow from home and stuffing it in your luggage if you’re worried.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 10:34 AM, Yenskiboo said:

The pillows are king size.  You can ask for standard size if you want.  But sometimes I like the king size ones to use as a body pillow.