Crown and Anchor point question

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance for your help on this topic.

First, I am primarily a solo cruiser.  I fortunately get to pay twice the amount for me, as we know.  However, what I'm noticing lately is that RCL, for solo traveling, is not allowing me to use the "We pick your room," option any longer.  I am forced to use the, "You pick your room," option.  This basically, on the cruises I have looked at bumped the single supplement cost to nearly 400% on some sailings.

My question is this.  If I book a cabin, and put in two people the cost is significantly lower.  IF I were to put my name and C&A number in for both passengers, would I still receive double the C&A points?  I hope this has made sense.

Thanks again for your time!

A person can only be listed on the ships manifest once. As the sailing date gets closer and the manifest becomes really important, trust me; even though Royal's IT Dept leaves a lot to be desired there are many checks and balances that will discover that one person is listed more than once. A big one would be when the manifest is submitted to the State Department.

The best way to take advantage lower cost rooms as a solo traveler is to book earlier; as in, when new sailings are first released. 

Finally, a bit of advice; chase experiences, don't chase points. 

GTY has often been unavailable for solo cruisers.  That goes back years.  Sometimes you could call and they would waive the 2 person requirement.  Sometimes a GTY is flagged for use by solos and you can just book it.  More recently with an emphasis on revenue and cruise fares going way up they seem to be offering GTY to solo less frequently.  

Sometimes booking GTY on a ship that has solo "studio" cabins will result in being assigned a studio cabin.  In these cases they let you book the GTY.   

The practice of booking a ghost cabin mate still seems to work but that leads to the new or more recent points problem.

In the olden days it was common practice for a no-show cabin mate to yield double points for the guest that sailed.  This wasn't written policy but it was practiced and what most people experienced.

Over the last year or so they have been denying double points in no-show scenarios more frequently.  They aren't perfect and some people still end up with the extra points from a no-show but there is now policy in writing that states you shouldn't.  

I was recently in a position for a short notice cruise booked after final payment due date where I could book GTY as a solo.  The ship had available studio cabins.  I knew if i booked the GTY I was probably get a studio cabin and single points.  For a hundred or so more I was able to book a regular double occupancy cabin so that's what I did.  I picked my actual cabin and I will get extra points for being solo since I booked a double occupancy cabin paying the single supplement.  My cabin is actually meant to hold 4 guests.  I called and received permission to be solo in a quad cabin so that revenue management wouldn't try to move me to a studio cabin.  

In my case the single supplement is less painful because I have over 340 points which is the threshold for reduced single supplements on select sailings.   This D+ perk has been a huge money saver for me.  Yes it took a while of paying 200% to get to 340 points but it's been great ever since.  

I’m sorry to hear they are doing that to solo cruisers. I’ve enjoyed the double points as a solo in a room designed for 2 and have been able to move up the tiers quickly because of it.   if you can book cheaper in a cabin for 2 you can put any name and no show them and get port fees/taxes back.   if you are considering paying that 400%, and I doubt you are, then maybe it’s worth looking at a junior suite and you’d get double points with 2 booked, even with  the made up person.