Anchorage to Seward train tickets

Does anyone have any experience with this trip? We're looking at the Southbound sailing and it looks like the railroad tickets are sold out on most days this summer that correspond to dates that RC has a Seward departure. Is this typical that the whole train is sold out this early (looking at July)?

Also, I heard a rumor that there is a Royal Caribbean sponsored train? I'm assuming that it is the same train but perhaps they buy a block of tickets? Could that be what is going on?

Thanks!

Just a quick search on https://www.alaskarailroad.com/ride-a-train/availability-calendar?service_type_id=3&outbound_from_region=6002&outbound_to_region=6032&service_class=a&the_year=2023&the_month=07

reveals, there is only one date blocked out in adventure (the cheaper) class...

Goldstar however, is almost sold out.

2 hours ago, YoungFamilyExplorers said:

Thanks. The funny thing is that is the date we were looking for. Curious that date is sold out. It begs the question if they limited capacity for the charter train?

Also, does anyone have any advice about the Goldstar vs Adventure class? Goldstar sounds great, but that cost.....ouch!

I have done both Goldstar and regular service.  I would splurge for Goldstar everytime now.  

It's not that regular service is bad.  That was my first experience and it was fine.  However between the glass dome ceiling, breakfast, drinks in Goldstar and the large outdoor viewing area I enjoyed the second time in Goldstar more.  

The charter train doesn't offer Goldstar.  Or at least it didn't when I have sailed from Seward.  The charter trains departs from the airport station in Anchorage and goes directly to the cruise terminal area in Seward.  The train when booked directly leaves from the downtown station in Anchorage and ends at the Seward public station a short ride or walk to the terminal.  They provide motorcoach transfers but when it's nice out I prefer to walk it.