Different check in date

Micheleyd

Hi all,

So we are cruising on Oasis May 14-21. I am also on the Facebook group specific for this sailing. Our check in date says March 30th and everyone else on the group says and it shows that their check in date is the 29th. Why would this be?? I don’t want to miss out on a good check in time! Does this have to do with getting a lower class room this time? I thought check in was the same for all guests.
Should I call Royal? 

Thanks!

Personally, I would not call Royal over this. Some people have mentioned that now that the dates are showing up both in the app and in the online Cruise Planner that their dates vary by a day. Not sure why. I would just start trying to check in on the 29th after midnight. Note that even with the posted check in dates, that while it generally opens at midnight in the time zone of your departure city, sometimes it still isn't ready for a few hours afterwards (and occasionally longer I have heard). Just keep trying. 

Best of luck and have a great cruise!

I've been poking around at the data RC sends back to populate that date on the website.

Does anyone have a future cruise booked during standard time, not DST?  I do but it's Panama and the check-in date on the app is all messed up for that one. Are the dates still one off for that cruise?

I want to see if the issue is the website getting confused by DST when the current date is not DST.

Another thought.  The app shows the date (that the phone is currently in) that you can check in.

The website shows the date, based on where the ship is, that you can check in.

I'm in mountain time and my next cruise leaves from eastern time.

My phone shows June 13, which would be 10pm on June 13 here at home I could check in.  The website shows June 14, which is when check-in opens if I was in the same time zone as the ship.