Why can't I make reservations?

We booked our cruise with a travel agent and asked for My Time Dining. A friend told me that I should make advanced reservations for MDR on at least the first night. I logged into Cruise Planner but at the top it says this : YOUR DINING SELECTION WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO CREATE, MODIFY OR CANCEL COMPLIMENTARY DINING RESERVATIONS.

Can someone explain this to me? 

21 hours ago, arebee said:

I've never used a TA for my cruises.  Maybe they are who need to make the reservations.  If all else fails, go the the MDR when you get on board and set it up.

Typically, you are able to make your own dining reservations via the cruise planner when you book through a TA.

13 hours ago, JenniferE said:

Matt, we leave on Harmony in 33 days!

So when you go to the Cruise Planner and you go to the Dining section, do you see options there?  Specifically, do you see My Time Dining reservation option?

I emailed RCI last week about this, and just got the following response:

"We were unable to duplicate any errors with the My Time Dining reservations system in Cruise Planner. Dining times are loaded and able to be reserved at this time. We do apologize for any inconvenience experienced.

If you continue to have trouble, you may contact our Cruise Planner department directly by dialing 1-800-398-9819. Regrettably it is very difficult to diagnose and correct web issues via email response. Representatives are available from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm Eastern time Monday through Friday, or 9:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time Saturday and Sunday."

So I guess I will be calling to reserve our times.

Based on that response, I'd first try to see if you can reserve MTD via Cruise Planner site.  It's certainly faster than calling RC.  

Try booking one night at a time, and then checking out before selecting another night.

Ok guys, for everyone getting the  error message, I found a way around it:

1) On the cruise planner select "Dining & Beverage" and then "All Dining"
2) Scroll down till you see "My Time Dining" options and the "View Details" button
3) Right click the "View Details" button and copy the link (in my case the link is "https://secure.royalcaribbean.com.br/cruiseplanner/category/1011/product/XXXXXXXXXXXXXX")
4) Change the link manually by inserting "/booking" before "/product (in my case it becomes "https://secure.royalcaribbean.com.br/cruiseplanner/category/1011/booking/product/XXXXXXXXXXXXXX")

5) copy and paste the new link and hit enter. You will be presented with MTD options.

Enjoy

On 5/17/2017 at 8:00 AM, psko said:

Ok guys, for everyone getting the  error message, I found a way around it:

1) On the cruise planner select "Dining & Beverage" and then "All Dining"
2) Scroll down till you see "My Time Dining" options and the "View Details" button
3) Right click the "View Details" button and copy the link (in my case the link is "https://secure.royalcaribbean.com.br/cruiseplanner/category/1011/product/XXXXXXXXXXXXXX")
4) Change the link manually by inserting "/booking" before "/product (in my case it becomes "https://secure.royalcaribbean.com.br/cruiseplanner/category/1011/booking/product/XXXXXXXXXXXXXX")

5) copy and paste the new link and hit enter. You will be presented with MTD options.

Enjoy

That worked perfectly.  Thank you very much for posting this!

I'm not saying this IS why some are having problems booking MTD but it MIGHT be related to a topic I just started in the Rumor section.

I read on CC this morning that MTD is being eliminated.  I do NOT know if this is true or not but if it is being either eliminated or significantly rescoped, that could be the reason some are having problems booking MTD online.

IT'S JUST A RUMOR at this point.