If I book and change my mind...

Bowen

I’m not trying to beat a dead horse, but….Do you have a travel agent?  This would be one of the scenarios that a good travel agent would come in handy. 

If you book it yourself and book refundable deposit, then you can change any time before final payment.  If you book non-refundable, you’ll pay that $100/pp change fee. 

20 minutes ago, teddy said:

I’m not trying to beat a dead horse, but….Do you have a travel agent?  This would be one of the scenarios that a good travel agent would come in handy. 

If you book it yourself and book refundable deposit, then you can change any time before final payment.  If you book non-refundable, you’ll pay that $100/pp change fee. 

I don't have one. I used to have one, but it was a friend and she lost me thousands of dollars once by not telling me about a window in which I either had to accept a new ship or cancel my cruise. It left a bad taste in my mouth. I probably could use one now, but the thought of giving over control, it bugs me. 🙂

17 minutes ago, Bowen said:

I don't have one. I used to have one, but it was a friend and she lost me thousands of dollars once by not telling me about a window in which I either had to accept a new ship or cancel my cruise. It left a bad taste in my mouth. I probably could use one now, but the thought of giving over control, it bugs me. 🙂

That would make me gun shy as well.

I hope everything works out the way you want it 

2 hours ago, Bowen said:

Travel agents are a strange thing in you are giving up some control in one way or another.  I would never use a friend.  If you are not sure what you are doing it is good to have a good travel agent.  This message board is great because it allows you to ask others for recommendations.  If you know what you are doing and are just looking for perks you can always use a well-known (non-big internet) one to get the perks.  I use Costco travel because I like to book and organize my cruises and then I turn it over to them to get the perks and help me with issues.  Not having a travel agent is not a killer just make sure you know what you are doing before doing it.  Otherwise ask questions.