Is there a formal night on a 4 night cruise?

EddieC

the four nighters are very laid back.  we were just on a four nighter on freedom and the only place anybody was dressed up were the specialty restaurants.  collared shirts and pants for guys was pretty fancy, I don't know if I saw anyone wearing a tie.  it's different for ladies, there were a lot of interpretations of what exactly is a dress, sundress, swimsuit coverup etc.  i would always rather be a bit more dressed up and be a bit too casual but boy, there were some folks who were letting it all hang out haha.  live and let live i guess.

On 2/9/2023 at 9:53 AM, PL8SWPR said:

I believe they are on night 2.  Or they were for both of our 4 night trips. 

On 2/8/2023 at 11:52 AM, dr martini said:

the four nighters are very laid back.  we were just on a four nighter on freedom and the only place anybody was dressed up were the specialty restaurants.  collared shirts and pants for guys was pretty fancy, I don't know if I saw anyone wearing a tie.  it's different for ladies, there were a lot of interpretations of what exactly is a dress, sundress, swimsuit coverup etc.  i would always rather be a bit more dressed up and be a bit too casual but boy, there were some folks who were letting it all hang out haha.  live and let live i guess.

Do you remember what your menus were and in what order?

@SuperPlanner the most 'formal' night and fanciest menu will be on your sea day, however the itinerary falls.  there is a great archive including some recent 4 night cruise compasses listed here 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass

we did not dine in the main dining room except for breakfast on our last day so I'm sorry, can't help you there.  however, the menus did all show up on the Royal phone app for main dining room and every other restaurant after checking in about a month before our sailing.  if you can't wait until then you can try to google around i'm sure somewhere here or on cruise critic someone's posted them.