Weight Limits

I am heading on a cruise in April on Liberty of the Seas. I am a larger person and I am a little worried about weight limits for activities, particularly the water slides on board and in the Thrill waterpark (which we are planning to do). I tend to weigh about 260 lbs (I am currently working on losing weight, so will hopefully be lower for the cruise). I love water slides and so does my 8 year old. From what I can find weight limits for the slides are about 300 lbs, which works for me. Should I be worried about anything? Are there any slides I cannot do? Are their scales at the top and do they check your weight before going down? I am self conscious about my weight and have been turned away before, which was embarrassing for both me and my little one. Any information would be very helpful. She is so excited to go on the tallest waterslide in North America!

16 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

I am on that verge weight as well. Am ok on most slides but it varies from ship to ship and even slide to slide. Some are wierdly specific….. I can’t remember which ship but one slide had a weight limit of 243lbs 🤷‍♂️

The slide is rated to 110 kg. That converts to just over 242.5 pounds so they rounded up instead of down.

12 hours ago, Firstcruisemom said:

Did they have a scale? Does everyone get checked? If so, can they see your weight or just an okay to go light?

They have scales but they try to be discreet. Some will just be a light and others will display your weight. Usually only the crew members will see it unless you have someone you bring with.

16 hours ago, Firstcruisemom said:

Did they have a scale? Does everyone get checked? If so, can they see your weight or just an okay to go light?

At the thrill water park, there is a tower that has a couple of slides that more than one person can go on together.  The scale is at the bottom of that tower and the crew is discrete about weighing a party of 2/3/4 people to check the total weight.

No red disco lights go off nor are there any loud noises if a group is over.  DH and I knew we were below the published limits but still felt weird to be asked to step on the scale.  We watched another group be weighed - they were over - crew member was very respectful, helped the group figure out best configuration to ride the slide and everyone went along their merry way.  No judgement - very respectful interaction.

The only people who weren't weighed were kids and those that don't weigh 100# soaking wet.  We all know someone like that.  🤣

Have a great time when you cruise!