The Key: Clarification Questions

SteveK

Hi all, hoping someone may be able to assist with a couple of queries I have about The Key when travelling on Quantum of the Seas.

Specifically these benefits:

• VOOM ® Surf & Stream 1 Device high speed internet.
  • Given I have to buy The Key for both my wife and I, does this mean we will both get a VOOM package, so no added internet purchase is needed?
  • Priority departure at tender ports of call from ship-to-shore.
  • Is the boarding priority strictly ship to shore, or, when returning from the port, do we also get priority boarding?
  • Seats in the exclusive VIP seating section at shows in the Main Theatre, Aqua Theater, Studio B and Two70.
  • Are these seats in a great location, or should we use them only if we can't find better seats ourselves?
  • On debarkation day, enjoy an exclusive à la carte breakfast and choice departure.
  • Does this mean we get to choose a departure time of our preference and not an 'assigned time'?

Appreciate any responses... thanks

Each person with the Key will get their own Voom so you both will have it.  Priority boarding is initial embarkation, it's not extended to the ports of call.  The seats are good.  The absolute best are reserved for Star class.  You may be able to find equivalent or better if you arrive early.  With the Key as long as you're there before they open them up (about 10 min before show), you can get preferred seating.  You will get assigned a departure time, but it will be the earliest and you can leave or not leave.  Breakfast has some specialty items and is a good wind down.  When you disembark, you split from the path (at least in MIA) of non-key and are taken to the location of The Key bags which are all in one dedicated area.  You will have received special The Key luggage tags the night before.

Hope that helps.

9 hours ago, SteveK said:

Hi all, hoping someone may be able to assist with a couple of queries I have about The Key when travelling on Quantum of the Seas.

Specifically these benefits:

• VOOM ® Surf & Stream 1 Device high speed internet.
  • Given I have to buy The Key for both my wife and I, does this mean we will both get a VOOM package, so no added internet purchase is needed?
  • Priority departure at tender ports of call from ship-to-shore.
  • Is the boarding priority strictly ship to shore, or, when returning from the port, do we also get priority boarding?
  • Seats in the exclusive VIP seating section at shows in the Main Theatre, Aqua Theater, Studio B and Two70.
  • Are these seats in a great location, or should we use them only if we can't find better seats ourselves?
  • On debarkation day, enjoy an exclusive à la carte breakfast and choice departure.
  • Does this mean we get to choose a departure time of our preference and not an 'assigned time'?

Appreciate any responses... thanks

Remember on embarkation you get chop grill's lunch and on debarkation specialty breakfast.  Both at main dining room.

10 hours ago, SteveK said:

One clarification based on how you phrased this question.  Assigned times don't mean much. If you let Royal take your luggage, you can still depart whenever you like and pick up your luggage from the area marked for your assigned time.  Of course, they don't actually promise to have your luggage delivered to that area until your assigned time so no reason to go earlier but you can go later.  If you carry your own luggage, you can also depart at ANY time you like.  They describe this option as getting off first but that's just because many/most people carrying their luggage are rushing to get to an early flight.  They'll want you out of your room at some point but you can carry your luggage to breakfast or hang around the common areas of the ship if you like.  Eventually, they'll start pushing you off the ship because it has to be emptied for the next cruise.

1 hour ago, Atlantix2000 said:

One clarification based on how you phrased this question.  Assigned times don't mean much. If you let Royal take your luggage, you can still depart whenever you like and pick up your luggage from the area marked for your assigned time.  Of course, they don't actually promise to have your luggage delivered to that area until your assigned time so no reason to go earlier but you can go later.  If you carry your own luggage, you can also depart at ANY time you like.  They describe this option as getting off first but that's just because many/most people carrying their luggage are rushing to get to an early flight.  They'll want you out of your room at some point but you can carry your luggage to breakfast or hang around the common areas of the ship if you like.  Eventually, they'll start pushing you off the ship because it has to be emptied for the next cruise.

Key luggage gets key departure tags and those suitcases are all together in the key section when you exit the terminal (my experience in NJ, not sure what other ports do). You can walk off when you wish and collect your luggage.