Chops Grill

Sarge

We're currently nearing the end of our 11 day cruise on Anthem.

For the 1st time, we dined at Chops Grill.

I have to say that the meal we enjoyed at Chops Grill, was the best dinner we've ever had on any of our 21 cruises with Royal Caribbean.

I was surprised to see that although the dress code is listed as formal, the majority of the people dining there were far from wearing formal wear. Lots of shorts, sneakers, logo-T-shirts, blue jeans, backward worn baseball caps, etc.

We'll definitely dine at Chops Grill during future cruises!

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

We're currently nearing the end of our 11 day cruise on Anthem.

For the 1st time, we dined at Chops Grill.

I have to say that the meal we enjoyed at Chops Grill, was the best dinner we've ever had on any of our 21 cruises with Royal Caribbean.

I was surprised to see that although the dress code is listed as formal, the majority of the people dining there were far from wearing formal wear. Lots of shorts, sneakers, logo-T-shirts, blue jeans, backward worn baseball caps, etc.

We'll definitely dine at Chops Grill during future cruises!

This is soothing to me with a dress-code phobia

On 1/12/2023 at 9:47 AM, Sarge said:

The planner says that Chops is "Smart Casual." I went back to check because I wasn't planning on formal wear for Chops on our upcoming cruise! (Sorry the screen snap is so large!)

image.png.eaccd9e521082852a438969ae25723dd.png

1 hour ago, minniemouse27 said:

The planner says that Chops is "Smart Casual." I went back to check because I wasn't planning on formal wear for Chops on our upcoming cruise! (Sorry the screen snap is so large!)

I've definitely seen Chops, Studio 150(or whatever its called), and Wonderland all listed as formal. Not necessarilly at the same time either.

11 hours ago, Wheeler825 said:

I've definitely seen Chops, Studio 150(or whatever its called), and Wonderland all listed as formal. Not necessarilly at the same time either.

Maybe it is different for different ships? 

After reading the OP, I double checked all the specialty dining for my sailing on the Anthem next month, and they all showed the same "Smart Casual" icon in the planner.

On 1/17/2023 at 8:43 PM, minniemouse27 said:

While on the ANTHEM (01/02/2023-01/13/2023), I can swear that our research indicated FORMAL, for CHOPS, before our reservation was made...but, I just looked it up online and you are right...SMART CASUAL!

SMART CASUAL would be a better fit or even just plain CASUAL based on what we witnessed in CHOPS.

On 1/17/2023 at 10:29 PM, Wheeler825 said:

Yes, I swear that CHOPS was shown as FORMAL, when we were just on the ANTHEM, but, I just looked it up online and online, it's shown as SMART CASUAL...They must have changed things and maybe it hasn't caught up with the onboard information yet?

On 1/18/2023 at 10:18 AM, minniemouse27 said:

Maybe it is different for different ships? 

After reading the OP, I double checked all the specialty dining for my sailing on the Anthem next month, and they all showed the same "Smart Casual" icon in the planner.

I think you could be correct...I swear I saw CHOPS listed as FORMAL, while just on the ANTHEM...