Customer service

Willy

Sometimes I forget, we forget customer service. Either because we are customers or we are the ones serving one another in some aspect. My following story tells of not terrible customer service but the red tape that a customer must go through.

Thanks to next Cruise on the Odyssey of the sea, FYI had a blast on our cruise! We thought it would be nice to travel on the Rhapsody of the Seas, in January for a change of climate. After signing on with next Cruise, we were not explained the difference between a reserve cabin and a guaranteed cabin. Actually didn't understand guaranteed! LOL

I did not like the placement of the cabin that we were assigned from Royal Caribbean, it is for personal reasons that I made a request to change. After making phone calls to customer service I was told that nobody could help me on my request to change cabins. This was because there was a travel agent, the travel agent was the only person that could talk with Royal Caribbean although they were happy to receive money for excursions which by the way is a change for a drink packages by the way is a change. I guess it only suits them when it's in their interest to allow for changes by a customer!

I don't usually blog, give news feedback! I much rather complement an employee for a job well done, as I did with the people on the phone service from customer service whenever they would make an effort to help with my issue of changing cabins! I was told to submit an email to dismiss the travel agent so I can make changes, customer service we're sorry an email is not good enough, you must submit a form! Submitted an email, sorry that's a general email address that you sent it to, could take weeks for it to get to its designation! On and on this goes a little over 9 days on the phone you would think that the resolution would already have taken place. Frustrated worry that I could not complete my request, I began to think why am I going on this Cruise anyway, vacations are supposed to be relaxing. I do take responsibility for not reading all of the fine print that big corporations put in their contracts. A request that we know every bit of writing that they place before us, I guess this is my fault because I did not I trusted these people.

Well not as to bore you the situation is still the same at this point, I would hope that I give better customer service than I receive! I hope to write back to you again soon let you know that this problem has been resolved, and we are off to Barbados enjoying a wonderful back to back cruise with Royal Caribbean.

Thank you Bill

I'm not sure if you'll pop back, but as others have said, there should be no issue getting your room category changed. You just have to contact whatever travel agent you used (most likely the one use to book your Odyssey trip as next cruise will automatically assign to your previously used travel agent).

As for you frustration about being able to manage your drink package and shore excursions, it may be possible that's a thing a TA can do but from what I understand those are almost always controlled by the sail-er and not the TA.

I hope you're able to get in touch with your TA because they really will save you so much more stress than trying to break the system to do it yourself...

I do not understand @Willy .... sounds like the Customer service did what they could.  When your booking is with a travel agent the RCCL Customer Service cannot open your booking without a code from the travel agent.  They can help you with packages and that is what they offered to do.  Simple solution is to contact your travel agent and switch rooms.

Note:  GTY Cabins = I want to book a cabin and I do not care where on the ship you put me. (I do lots of these).