Has anyone tried the Unlimited Dining plan (UDP) on Allure of the Seas?

TSB_Herobear

If this is your first Royal cruise, I suggest sticking to the MDR and other free convivences. IMHO any and all specialty restaurants will be a major step up in food, service and quality compared to the MDR. You are paying a premium for that.

If this isn't your first cruise maybe, you want to do either a 3N package or Chops +1. If you have any plans to eat in the MDR more than once on your 6/7N cruise the UDP might not be for you. I am doing Allure in Oct 2023 and I have the UDP booked because I prefer specialty dinning over the MDR. I have also been on enough Royal cruises to tire of the MDR.

I will be trying the UDP on Allure in 3 weeks. (Jan 15th) This will be my first time trying UDP after many cruises.  I actually think that it will be way too much food but Allure has a variety of specialty restaurants and I wanted to cross it off my list of things to try.

I will definitely post a review here for you.

We did Star Class, included UDP, on Allure this past fall.  Have had it on Wonder, Harmony, and Navigator in 2022 and would say that it most viable on Wonder and Allure.  The Oasis class has the most specialty dining options and those two are just different enough that it seems more valuable.  For Allure specific, the addition of the Samba Grill, Brazilian steakhouse, gives one more option for the UDP.  Also if you do Chef's Table, it is one of the better venues for CT in the fleet (minor drawback of noise/traffic in DL early in the meal).  Personally I would prefer Playmakers to Sabor but both make a good UDP lunch.  We missed Johnny Rockets on that trip but it is one more UDP option.  We did Coastal Kitchen once on an eight day cruise and didn't really repeat so there are plenty of choices.    

On 12/27/2022 at 12:54 PM, Ampurp85 said:

If this is your first Royal cruise, I suggest sticking to the MDR and other free convivences. IMHO any and all specialty restaurants will be a major step up in food, service and quality compared to the MDR. You are paying a premium for that.

If this isn't your first cruise maybe, you want to do either a 3N package or Chops +1. If you have any plans to eat in the MDR more than once on your 6/7N cruise the UDP might not be for you. I am doing Allure in Oct 2023 and I have the UDP booked because I prefer specialty dinning over the MDR. I have also been on enough Royal cruises to tire of the MDR.

I whole heartedly agree with @Ampurp85 comments on 1st cruise.  We have done a few 3 night packages and are currently on Wonder with a UDP and it is a lot of food, rich food.  We are enjoying it but probably will stick to a 3 night from here on out.

Great trying every restaurant though as now we know which we prefer