Tap Water

pedsnurse

In the past, I've brought on a Nalgene bottle and filled it with cups of water as @monorailmedic mentioned. The only thing to keep in mind with that is that you will need to fill a cup, place the water in to the vessel by pouring from your cup, and then get a fresh cup to repeat the process. There's some health code rules around this. Beyond that, no one will stop you from filling a bottle from one of the water coolers/taps around the ship.

6 hours ago, klaconqueso said:

In the past, I've brought on a Nalgene bottle and filled it with cups of water as @monorailmedic mentioned. The only thing to keep in mind with that is that you will need to fill a cup, place the water in to the vessel by pouring from your cup, and then get a fresh cup to repeat the process. There's some health code rules around this. Beyond that, no one will stop you from filling a bottle from one of the water coolers/taps around the ship.

It's just the same idea as not refilling your used plate at a buffet. Always take a clean plate, please.

2 hours ago, fmanke said:

It's just the same idea as not refilling your used plate at a buffet. Always take a clean plate, please.

I'm glad you mentioned this.  Forgive me for asking, but I've always wondered why at any buffet i have to get a new plate eventhough I'm the only one whose been using it since it's been washed.  I always comply, just seems like more work for the cleaning staff.  What's the reasoning behind this?

2 minutes ago, RestingBirds said:

I'm glad you mentioned this.  Forgive me for asking, but I've always wondered why at any buffet i have to get a new plate eventhough I'm the only one whose been using it since it's been washed.  I always comply, just seems like more work for the cleaning staff.  What's the reasoning behind this?

Prevents anything 'contaminated" from coming back close to the serving area.  For example, tongs used in the serving line could touch something existing on the p[late that had touched the fork that had been in your mouth, and so on, and so on.

long shot? Yes, but what the heck.

12 minutes ago, RestingBirds said:

PRC is correct. Just protecting others from the chance of cross contamination. Don't want to chance that something might get into the food supply that came into contact with somebody. Basically the same reason all food service employees should wear gloves while preparing food.