Junior Suite J3 vs J4?

23 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Hi all!

Looking at maybe booking our first Junior Suite (normally do GS) for Freedom of the Seas and wondering what the difference is between J3 and J4?

Hoping someone can help and also accepting general thoughts and opinions on Freedom JS.

When are you looking at going? The really nice thing is if you can find them for your sailing or find the sailing that they are available, the JS on deck 10 rooms 1406/1706 are aft facing. For that view and price it is an awesome value.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/category-detail.php?c=504

FreJun170-54416-1666144306.webp

14 minutes ago, Midwest Cruiser said:

When are you looking at going? The really nice thing is if you can find them for your sailing or find the sailing that they are available, the JS on deck 10 rooms 1406/1706 are aft facing. For that view and price it is an awesome value.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/category-detail.php?c=504

FreJun170-54416-1666144306.webp

How long would you say a walk to aft is from the aft elevators? I think the extra balcony space is awesome but I worry about a long walk especially after a full port day.

16 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

@Midwest Cruiser It doesn't look awful....but I also have to account for my technically-a-senior mom. While she could do the walk, it may be a turn off to go to and from often in a day. Thoughts?

I just went on a cruise with my 70 yr old MIL - after this cruise,  she has relegated herself to the fact that she will likely need a mobility scooter for port days.  It might be something to look into if you are concerned about her getting around.  You can rent them from companies like Special Needs Group who will deliver them to the ship on embarkation day.  

While she isn't disabled, her knees and hips were really bothering her.  She didn't heed the advice to walk a lot in advance of the cruise and she parked her butt down on any wall, stool, bench, or shuttle that she could find.  Lots of stopping and waiting during the trip...

44 minutes ago, dmattinson said:

I just went on a cruise with my 70 yr old MIL - after this cruise,  she has relegated herself to the fact that she will likely need a mobility scooter for port days.  It might be something to look into if you are concerned about her getting around.  You can rent them from companies like Special Needs Group who will deliver them to the ship on embarkation day.  

While she isn't disabled, her knees and hips were really bothering her.  She didn't heed the advice to walk a lot in advance of the cruise and she parked her butt down on any wall, stool, bench, or shuttle that she could find.  Lots of stopping and waiting during the trip...

Fortunately for my mom it's more about just not wanting to vs not being able to. 😅 Basically a, once I'm in, I'm in mentality. I only mention "technically a senior" because that's easier for most people to understand

She can and has done the entire Cozumel pier with no issues, but good ol' fashion fussing cuz it's hot and the ship never seems to get closer😅 (but I think we can all agree on that)