Which arrival window to select and disembarkation advice.

Danielle413

I'm cruising out of Miami in January (Symphony of the Seas 1/7-1/14). Our flight from Miami airport back home on 1/14 is at 10:10am (our flights have been changed/cancelled by multiple airlines multiple times now and this is where we've landed!). We are traveling as 2 adults, both have TSA pre-check, planning to carry off our own luggage, and try to do carry-ons only with no checked bag, so even though this is cutting it a little close, I'm feeling optimistic - depending on what time we can leave the ship. Does anyone know if there's a way to request an early disembark time from Royal, to possibly be in one of the first waves of people getting off the ship?

I know the safer option is to probably change to a later flight, but unfortunately this seemed to be the best option. Anything midday was outrageously expensive (hundreds more than this flight), or much later in the day, and we weren't crazy about the idea of hanging around all day to then get on a 5pm flight home.

Thanks for your help! 

I'm checking in for my cruise and not sure what arrival window I should select. Our flight gets into MIA airport at 11:20am and then we are heading to the Miami cruise port from there. We aren't planning to check bags and are traveling as 2 adults. I select 1-1:30 to be on the safe side, but realize it might not take quite that long to get from the airport to the ship. If we arrive before our selected 1pm check in time, will we be able to get on earlier? Or will we have to wait until 1? Should I select 12 or 12:30 instead but risk arriving later? Thanks! 

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to Which arrival window to select and disembarkation advice.

My apologies - I merged the thread thinking they were two versions of the same question! 

Regarding embarkation, I'd still try to find a flight the day before.  That's cutting it so close.  If you have any delay due to a plane mechanical/staffing issue or weather, you run a very real risk of missing your sailing entirely.

As far as disembarkation, that is a little close, but as long as the ship arrives to Miami on time AND is cleared by customs on time, you do self-assist and you leave at the first opportunity, you may make it.

Personally, those arrival/departure times would add too much stress to what is supposed to be an enjoyable vacation.  

You definitely have a much higher risk tolerance than I do.  😄

For embarkation, feel free to snag an earlier boarding group time. There's no penalty or anything if you miss your window and show up later. 

As for disembarkation, barring any delays, they'll usually start letting people off around 7:30ish. So, as @SpeedNoodles said, if everything goes smoothly, you could make it. Just have your luggage and be ready to walk off as soon as possible. But there are also a lot of things (e.g. bad weather delaying the ship getting into port, delays clearing customs, an accident slows traffic to the airport, long lines at TSA, etc.) that could go wrong. So definitely have a Plan B in mind if you miss your flight. 

3 hours ago, WesKinetic said:

As for disembarkation, barring any delays, they'll usually start letting people off around 7:30ish. So, as @SpeedNoodles said, if everything goes smoothly, you could make it. Just have your luggage and be ready to walk off as soon as possible. But there are also a lot of things (e.g. bad weather delaying the ship getting into port, delays clearing customs, an accident slows traffic to the airport, long lines at TSA, etc.) that could go wrong. So definitely have a Plan B in mind if you miss your flight. 

If you want off first, even if you're doing self-assist, plan to be in line one hour before that listed first departure.  Even then you're still behind the Suites, Pinnicles and Keys who have priority departure.

If you're using rideshare, when departing terminal use the free WiFi that is provided and latch on to a ride ASAP.