Pre-paid gratuity for drinks?

I plan on purchasing the deluxe beverage package for my husband and I, but I'm confused about how the gratuities work. I want to pre-pay gratuities, so I don't have them added to the bill at the end of the cruise. So my question is if the 18% gratuity is added to the package price (i.e. $12.60 for a $70 package), or if we will be charged 18% for each drink we end up ordering.

Basically, I want to figure out how I can end up with a $0 bill at the end of our cruise.

Whether you pay for your drinks in advance (DBP) or pay-as-you-go, you will pay the gratuities in advance (or when you purchase) so either way, you will not have any fee, associated with drink gratuities, at the end of your cruise.  The only gratuities that you may see would be your daily standard gratuity, if you choose not to prepay those.  The daily gratuity and the gratuity associated with drinks are separate...so if you want NO bill associated with gratuities at the end of your cruise, you will need to prepay your daily gratuities prior to boarding.  The drinks' gratuities will take care of themselves.

• 11 months later...