Last Minute Deals

Tambent

G'Day, Just wondering if anyone has any tactics about trying to snag a last minute deal. Like, when do they pop up? Is it literally within the last week? Or does this happen at all? Just looking at a sampler on Quantum out of Brisbane (Australia), end of Nov. Thankyou very much.

Deals pop into the system all the time.  The early bird gets the worm. 

The GGG PDF is simply someone at Royal summing certain GGG promos rates and posting them on a static flyer that is published late on Mondays.  Often you can find the GGG promos before they get posted on the GGG page and since they are limited availability it is possible to book one without knowing it is about to be, or has been posted on the GGG flyer.  The flyer isn't required to book a GGG promotional rate.  

Once the GGG page is published typically late on Mondays it isn't updated as guests book up the available promotional rates.  It is a snapshot in time.

Promotional rates, GGG or otherwise, are capacity controlled.  If I stumble onto a deal and book it that may be the last cabin that was offered at that special price.  If you check an hour after me you may never see or never know that an hour ago there was a great deal on this ship on that date.  On the other hand I can look in the morning and see no great deals.  You could look in the afternoon and see a great deal that wasn't available in the morning when I looked.  Check often.

Lastly deals tend to be cabin specific.  Interior and ocean view often see more deals compared to balcony and suites.  That doesn't mean suite deals don't happen, they just happen less often.  If you are the type of person that won't sail in an interior then there are a lot of deals that will be off the table for your needs.