Raised price of cocktails and how that fits in with the drinks package...

AhaOhio

We are booked on a cruise from Galveston in February of 2023. We have also booked (early reservation and savings advertized) the deluxe drink package for the entire group.

We may not save a lot but it is convenient to have prepaid as much as possible so we can just enjoy the trip as we get on board and not worry about cost once we get there.

But here is the rub:

As I understand it the package covers drinks up to a maximum of 13$ a pop.

Previously basically all cocktails  have been priced at 13$ meaning that more or less  everything was included in the package.

Now as  I check the (few) available bar menus in the cruise planner app I see that same drinks have been increased one dollar in price and are now listed at $14.

There goes the convenience of ordering without a care in the world. Now - apparently - we will add one buck to the shipboard account each time. Or have I missed something?

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No, not peculiar at all...unfortunately

7 hours ago, AhaOhio said:

Well if the package limit also goes to $14 all is well. 😀 - Peculiar that Royal still has the old info on their own websites though.

If you look really close the pdf about drink packages still says $12 and it hasn't been that for a while.