Air2Sea question, American Airlines specific

Hey crew, really specific question here.  Last week, my TA booked my flights for my cruise next summer using Air2Sea.  I received my record locator and a copy of the itinerary from Air2Sea, along with the directions to call the airline directly to request seating assignments.  When I did so today, the agent couldn't find anything under the record locator provided by Air2Sea, but could find my reservation searching my name and flight info, and there was a different record locator associated with it.  He also said that the reservation was ticketed yet, and that my AAdvantage number was not connected to the reservation.  So I guess the question(s) are:

-Is having a different record locator until the reservation is ticketed a usual occurrence?  If so, how long does it usually take for the reservation to get ticketed?

-If the flight needs to be paid for before it can be ticketed, is it possible to play for the flight through Air2Sea without paying off the entire cruise (final payment isn't due until May)?

-Has anyone had luck paying AA directly to upgrade their economy tickets booked through Air2Sea to economy plus?

I know how extremely specific this question is, so I'm not counting on a ton of feedback here, but I appreciate any experience you all have!  I know I could have my TA track down some of the locator info, but if this is a common occurrence, I don't want to harass her; she does so much already! Thanks as always!

I've traveled with air2sea several times and they love American airlines. 

Several times I've had issues getting the ticket purchased prior to final payment date. More recently,  the tickets weren't issued until 30 days prior to sailing. 

That said, I believe that American had the record locator number, but wouldn't assign seats, frequent flyer numbers or known traveler numbers.

There was no way I could find to purchase the tickets earlier. 

Be careful or at least aware upgrading directly.  There have been situations where the airlines make a change such as an aircraft swap and when the seat maps don't align Air2Sea can assign you a seat back in coach since their system is unaware you upgraded.  At that point it can be very challenging to get your upgrade back.  

I have used Air2Sea and received a complimentary upgrade based on status and it was fine but nothing changed with my flight.  It's one of those if nothing happens it all works out, but if something changes, the dominoes begin to ripple and your upgrade can be lost in the cracks.  The airline may have a hard time finding it given how screwed up their systems are and since A2S has no idea you upgraded it can lead to disappointment.  

2 hours ago, USCG Teacher said:

Hey crew, really specific question here.  Last week, my TA booked my flights for my cruise next summer using Air2Sea.  I received my record locator and a copy of the itinerary from Air2Sea, along with the directions to call the airline directly to request seating assignments.  When I did so today, the agent couldn't find anything under the record locator provided by Air2Sea, but could find my reservation searching my name and flight info, and there was a different record locator associated with it.  He also said that the reservation was ticketed yet, and that my AAdvantage number was not connected to the reservation.  So I guess the question(s) are:

-Is having a different record locator until the reservation is ticketed a usual occurrence?  If so, how long does it usually take for the reservation to get ticketed?

-If the flight needs to be paid for before it can be ticketed, is it possible to play for the flight through Air2Sea without paying off the entire cruise (final payment isn't due until May)?

-Has anyone had luck paying AA directly to upgrade their economy tickets booked through Air2Sea to economy plus?

I know how extremely specific this question is, so I'm not counting on a ton of feedback here, but I appreciate any experience you all have!  I know I could have my TA track down some of the locator info, but if this is a common occurrence, I don't want to harass her; she does so much already! Thanks as always!

In some cases, you'll find that A2S will book two one way tickets so you will have 2 record locators, one for each leg (outgoing and return).   Also, they don't actually purchase the tickets until sometime under the 90 day cruise payoff.  Sometimes not until 30 days prior.  This means you need to check your frequent flyer account (American Airlines) and verify you flight numbers, seats etc several times until purchase.   Equipment changes can also drop your seats and you find out your pre-reserved seats are gone.  Consequently, I've backed off using them for domestic.   I'd rather pay them early to get my seats and desired reservations.   I want direct flights and have experienced changes pushing to in-directed adding hours to our travel.  Won't put up with that, especially when paying a premium for direct flights.  Keep you eye on the ball with A2S reservations.