Balcony GTY on Allure OTS

DeeTX

When I booked on the Allure, I booked an Oceanview balcony rather than a Central Park or Boardwalk balcony stateroom.  However, my reservation only says GTY Balcony without specifying Oceanview, Central Park, or Boardwalk.  I understand that GTY means that Royal Caribbean chooses your stateroom, but do they treat all types of balcony rooms the same when making assignments?  There was a price difference for the Oceanview balcony vs Central Park/Boardwalk, and I paid the higher price.

Do you have a cruise invoice from Royal?

There are two common types of balcony guarantee cabins on this class of ship.  

XN is a "Neighborhood Balcony" guarantee while XB is an ocean view balcony guarantee.  "Neighborhood" balcony is Central Park or Boardwalk while an Ocean View balcony is... ocean view.  

If you don't have a cruise invoice call your TA or Royal if booked direct and ask for one.

• 1 year later...

Looking for a three nighter to Nassau in november 2024, we have to decide between Liberty or Allure.

Having been on some of the older ships, Allure seems to be a nice option for this short cruise, however she departs from MIA. Liberty would depart from FLL.

Do you have recommendations for outside stateroom categories on Allure? Balcony would be lost money for this cruise, being most of the time onshore.

The price difference even with boardwalk, central park etc is not that big - even compared to Liberty, GTY for sure is cheaper.

Preferably we would not like to have people looking in our cabin inside from the other side, although any outside cabin would however be fine.

Caro