Covid testing and Bermuda travel authorization

Hello again I have yet another question lol i am getting a lot of conflicting information  I'd like something definitive . I filled out and paid for our Bermuda travel authorizations 30 days before our sale date of August 6th. it is still pending which I understand sometimes you don't get the approval until very close to the sailing date.. However it seems that we have to submit a negative covid test in order to be approved which I totally understand and I don't have any problems with but I saw on another website/group that you don't need covid tests to go to Bermuda anymore can anyone definitively tell me what is the requirement both to cruise and for the authorization.  We are all fully vaccinated and boosted and have our cards for that and we'll take the covid test if we need to just we're not going to take them if we don't need to. We are sailing on enchantment of the sea's August 6th to Bermuda. Thanks

We were on the Adventure to Bermuda 7/16-7/21 and this was our experience with the BTA: 

6/22 - Submitted our vaccine/passport/travel information on the website, got an email our application was pending review
7/7 - Got an email confirming acceptance, but we needed a negative covid test to board the ship, but they did not require it to be uploaded to their portal 
7/14 - Got our covid tests done at CVS
7/16 - Showed our negative tests to board, and the check in agent confirmed we had filled out/got approved for the BTA (and we got stickers) 

At port, no-one checked for our vaccine or test information, I think its expected the ship handles the testing. I don't see any changes on the Bermuda website that they have dropped these protocols/requirements 

I am also interested now in whether or not I need to test before my Aug 13 cruise to Bermuda.  Does Bermuda still require even though Royal is not requiring it since the cruise is 5 nights!  
Hope someone will know this answer or perhaps I just need to call Royal?

2 hours ago, Lynn McKee said:

Hello again I have yet another question lol i am getting a lot of conflicting information  I'd like something definitive . I filled out and paid for our Bermuda travel authorizations 30 days before our sale date of August 6th. it is still pending which I understand sometimes you don't get the approval until very close to the sailing date.. However it seems that we have to submit a negative covid test in order to be approved which I totally understand and I don't have any problems with but I saw on another website/group that you don't need covid tests to go to Bermuda anymore can anyone definitively tell me what is the requirement both to cruise and for the authorization.  We are all fully vaccinated and boosted and have our cards for that and we'll take the covid test if we need to just we're not going to take them if we don't need to. We are sailing on enchantment of the sea's August 6th to Bermuda. Thanks

I am interested to find out when you receive your acceptance email for the BTA so I can then figure on when I should receive mine.  My cruise is on Adventure Aug. 13 from Cape Liberty.

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I am also interested now in whether or not I need to test before my Aug 13 cruise to Bermuda.  Does Bermuda still require even though Royal is not requiring it since the cruise is 5 nights!  

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Mine is on Oct 22.  Hopefully by then, the authorization will be remove.

3 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

RC isn't requiring testing on 5-night cruises?  Where did you see that info?

I am interested to find out when you receive your acceptance email for the BTA so I can then figure on when I should receive mine.  My cruise is on Adventure Aug. 13 from Cape Liberty.

As of today I have not received it. It is not until August 8th that the testing requirements are gone

I have called a number of times in the last few days. I get MUCH better info here. They are just a customer service service and are just looking up the information.  This has been my experience 

1 hour ago, Carol D said:

Cruising from Baltimore on Enchantment the 6th.  Still no authorization from Bermuda.   I will be doing my covid test Thursday the 4th.  

Question. has there been anyone who hasnt gotten their approval by cruise date?  Getting nervous

I was thinking about calling the 800 number that is listed in the original email confirming I submitted properly.  Also I checked and haven’t been charged the $40 per application yet!  Keep us posted on your information in next few days!

Here’s an update:  I called the toll free number and waited less than 10 minutes to speak to someone.  The rep told me I need to wait until 7 days before my cruise and if I have not received the authorization at that time I can call back and they will do it over the phone.  
Also a COVID test is needed and it can be the eMed proctored test…2 days before sailing.

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2022 at 11:15 AM, Brenna said:

We were on the Adventure to Bermuda 7/16-7/21 and this was our experience with the BTA: 

6/22 - Submitted our vaccine/passport/travel information on the website, got an email our application was pending review
7/7 - Got an email confirming acceptance, but we needed a negative covid test to board the ship, but they did not require it to be uploaded to their portal 
7/14 - Got our covid tests done at CVS
7/16 - Showed our negative tests to board, and the check in agent confirmed we had filled out/got approved for the BTA (and we got stickers) 

At port, no-one checked for our vaccine or test information, I think its expected the ship handles the testing. I don't see any changes on the Bermuda website that they have dropped these protocols/requirements 

How much were the tests at cvs and you got the results in time? What was the name of the test?