What is required to bring aboard & use a CPAP machine on the Allure?

sandandsurf

Is it okay to pack the CPAP with check-in luggage or best to carry thru airport security and onto ship? Will RC allow me to bring an extension cord, ETC.

It's best to carry it in the plane as it doesn't count against your carry-on limit as it's medical equipment and best to carry it on the ship just to make sure it doesn't get damaged or lost.

If you fill out the Special Needs form with Royal, they'll provide you with an extension cord and distilled water free of charge.

To expand on DocLC's comments, if you're using a travel agent just let them know so they can help ensure the proper arrangements are made.  In short however, guest assistance (contact via your TA or on your own) will provide a long enough cord as well as distilled water.

• 2 weeks later...

In regards to traveling on airlines with a CPAP machine: While most airlines will state that as a medical device it does not count as part of your carry-on allowance, you will often find that once overhead bins are full you will not get much sympathy from the airline staff. I try to pack with the expectation that the only space I am guaranteed is the under-seat storage so I pack my CPAP & laptop in a single backback. My other bag will include items that are more easily replaced in the event that I have to check it in as I board the plane. 

I was not aware of the option to request an extension cord & distilled water and plan to request this for my next cruise.

I too was not aware of the extension cord and distilled water (though I'm a weird one and don't use water in mine). I've always brought an extension cord.

As far as traveling through the airline. I've flown with mine quite a bit and I'd recommend keeping it as a carry on and not as a bag within a bag. TSA gets a little hands-y with your luggage when you put it in a checked bag.

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, sandandsurf said:

Thank you to all whom responded and shared their advice. After I filled out the Special Needs form on-line with RCCL, I received a prompt reply via email. They'll provide an extension cord and distilled water free of charge in my stateroom night 1.

Bon Voyage,

Larry

Note that if the water and extension card are not in your room, simply ask your stateroom attendant and he/she will make sure to get them.

We use two CPAP machines....and RCL provided distilled water and  a heavy duty 100 foot industrial power cord.   A little over kill but it did work and I am glad I had my extension cord so we could plug BOTH machines into my 8ft cord.   We had an ADA cabin and I was puzzled why there were not any electrical outlets bedside for medical equipment.  This huge cord had to lay across the cabin and it was a dangerous tripping hazard at night.