Photo Package

GeoS

Wife and I are going on a long need vacation/honeymoon. My question is we just want to purchase photos of the two of us together, not individually. Can I just buy one photo package in my name or do we have buy two photo package one in her name the other in mine. She is so excited to go on her first cruise. We want to have plenty of pictures of us together celebrating and don't care about individual pictures of ourselves.

Photo packages are sold to the room. While it does (annoyingly) force you to put in under one person's name at purchase (and this is both onboard or online) the package will apply to all photos taken for those staying in the same room number. So you only need to purchase one.

Also happy honeymoon!

And now for some (Unsolicited but well-meaning) Tips for getting the best use of your photo package.

1. Have fun! The photographers are all really nice and really get into the photo taking if you're into it too. So what you don't know what to do with your hands? make funny gestures! They ask you to do a pose that's awkward or feels funny. Make a funny face! I always cruise with my mom and sometimes they like us to do cute mommy and me poses and I think they're so weird. So now, some of our favorite pictures are us pretending to start a fight, me rolling my eyes behind her back, her sticking her tongue out behind me etc etc.
  2. TAKE ALL THE PHOTOS. The package only limits how many you walk off the ship with NOT how many you can take. Give yourself plenty of choices by jumping in front of that camera EVERY time you see it.
  3. Check your photos often in the photo lounge. I do this for lots of reasons but what I get out of it is (a) knowing if a certain area worked for me (b) figuring out what photographer I like (c) making sure I'm not repeating too many poses. While you can't redo a shoot if you didn't like it, you can do similar ones (i.e another dinner shoot on the stairs).
  4. While Onboard.
     - Take Boarding day photos. There is usually either a photo area with a backdrop of the ship in the terminal or a section on the deck of the ship where you can take a photo.
     - Dining Room. A photographer will generally be floating around offering to take photos while you're at the table. While you can of course decline if you're elbow deep in lobster night, this is an option. You could probably have fun with it and grab photos of you guys feeding each other or re-enacting the cake-in-the-face that probably didn't happen at your wedding. They can sometimes be awkward and the lighting isn't always the best, but it's all about how you make it.
     - Dinner Time/Formal Night. Every night there will be 3-5 stations set up at hot points around the ship (crystal staircase, promenade, backdrops by the dining rooms etc). You can go to as many as you can put up with and, depending on the line, take as many photos as you and your photographer can think of poses for.
     - Pool and other events. Occasionally photographers will roam the ship at the pool deck or at the big events. If you see them, strike a pose
  5. While at port:
     - For the first few hours after docking, there will be crew stations on the dock (seen up to 5 stations once!) for photos. Crew in costumes, someone set up for the glamorous ship shot, crew with props etc. These are by far my favorite ones to do and I try to make sure I get off the ship early enough to take advantage before I head off to my excursions. Why early enough? Because they will almost ALWAYS be gone by noon (assuming you dock at 8AM ish) and they do not come back out. I have been very bummed to miss port photos.
  6. Finally...give yourself plenty of time to go through all those photos you took. Like an hour...easy. If you do all the stuff there will be lot to pick from and even the 100 photos package can seem small if you've taken a lot that make you happy (btw you can purchase additional photos but at $20 a piece they add up FAST).

All of the above

and

just learned on these boards to not download until you are sure of all your photos.  Should you download and change your mind ….well you cant.

one good thing about their photo system is you can mark ❤️Favorites. You can also “hide” photos you know you don’t want….which helps to clear the view!

The last night in the photo store is crazy, definitely do daily trips or every other day  to go through your photos.