Veteran's Meet and Greet???

jdelta

I've seen this question posted before, but not recently......

Does anyone know if RCI actively hosts / facilitates a Veteran's Meet and Greet during a cruise?

I've attended a few of these on other lines and found it a great place to relax and share experiences.

Sailing on AoS 27 Apr 17

Go Navy!

RCN Veteran

Halifax, NS

Does anyone know if RCI actively hosts / facilitates a Veteran's Meet and Greet during a cruise?

I've attended a few of these on other lines and found it a great place to relax and share experiences.

Sailing on AoS 27 Apr 17

Go Navy!

RCN Veteran

Halifax, NS

I don't know if RCI would host/facilitate a Vet Meet & Greet. But I have seen a lot of "meet & greet" meetings posted on the bulletin board near the Guest Relations Desk like Red Hat Society, Friends of Bill, LGBTQ, etc. They post the date, time and location on the ship.

Go Army!

US Army Veteran

North Carolina 

Many thanks DocLC and rjac.

I'll keep an eye open on board and see if one becomes promulgated.

The last one I attended the CD "hosted" the event by starting off with a welcoming introduction and letting the Vets speak if they wish.

Most took the mic and spoke of their service to "break the ice" and once everyone had a chance to speak, we found we all had something in common....our sense of duty to country and each other.

It was fun meeting up again in various lounges during the rest of the cruise and raising a pint or two whilst sharing a "dit" from the past.....

The sad truth is, RCI does very little to recognize or honor veterans of the US armed forces.  While they technically offer Veterans' discounts, they are extremely rare.  In over 25 cruises I have never received a military discount on RCI.  I did receive 2 on Carnival and I understand Princess has a good military discount but RCI does not.

Sailing on AoS 27 Apr 17

Go Navy!

RCN Veteran

Halifax, NS

I was on Freedom once and attended a meet and greet with a senior officer(commander in the Navy) in the Schooner.  Only time I ever saw anything by RCI.  I have seen things on the bulletin board but usually seen them for specific branches or times of service. So check the board by guest services for anything like that.

I was on Freedom once and attended a meet and greet with a senior officer(commander in the Navy) in the Schooner.  Only time I ever saw anything by RCI.  I have seen things on the bulletin board but usually seen them for specific branches or times of service. So check the board by guest services for anything like that.

Thanks Arebee,

As it's not in "our" nature to wait for things to happen, my intent is to locate the CD for my cruise and see if RCI would be willing to offer up a space/time.

It never hurts to ask....

​Cheers,

Joe

Thanks Arebee,

As it's not in "our" nature to wait for things to happen, my intent is to locate the CD for my cruise and see if RCI would be willing to offer up a space/time.

It never hurts to ask....

​Cheers,

Joe

Like you pro-active attitude! 

You earned it DocLC.........

Actually, my father did. I was able to use his GI Bill based on his disability status from the Marines. He served in WWII, Korea, and Viet Nam. Unfortunately, I was never able to get him on a cruise before his death. Every time I suggested he simply said, "I didn't enough time in vistas in the military."