Best Price Guarantee changed to 48 hours after booking from 48 before cruise

So I've been trying the last 3 days to reprice my cruise I booked in May for a sailing in August with no success through my TA, he has called several times, and I tried to use the form. The new fine print says that booking has to have been made within 48 hours instead of the "48 hour before your cruise" that I have seen in the past. Any one have any more information on this?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/best-price-guarantee-policy

Spot a better price on your booked cruise?

Our Best Price Guarantee lets you take advantage of a better price within 48 hours from the time you booked— just give us a call or use our online form. You’ll receive the difference as a non-refundable onboard credit inside final payment or rate adjustment outside final payment.

It seems to have changed recently? Thank you!

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

It has always said "48 hours after booking" but I've never had a problem repricing before final payment.

Here's the same page from 2019

https://web.archive.org/web/20191016205700/https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/best-price-guarantee-policy

So what am I or my agent doing wrong? Any assistance would be appreciated thank you!

I'm fairly sure that the best price guarantee has always been within 48 hours of the original booking. It guarantees that if you find a better price SOMEWHERE else and you have booked directly with Royal (on your own or through a TA), Royal will match that price. Finding a better price through another party after that 48 hours is not guaranteed to be honored.

Repricing through Royal is an entirely different process and is not held to any particular timeframe (other than it being more difficult once final payment has been executed). 

The premise that the OP's TA has been unable to reprice an August cruise booked in May would imply that there has been difficulty with repricing AFTER final payment has been made, which (if true) would be unsurprising.

• 1 year later...

I booked a cruise in November 2023.

Final payment is August 2024.

Cruise date is 22 Oct 2024.

I phoned RC today (Feb) to re-price and was told that it was not possible as the original booking was made more than 48 hours ago. 

Note that this was through Club Royale, as I had a $500 credit applied to that booking.  Even with the credit, the re-price would be cheaper, but I was told I would lose my deposit as well as my credit if I cancelled my booking and tried to re-book. 

Just to add to the unforgettable experience of Club Royale, I asked about Air2Sea flight booking and they told me I did not qualify for this service as it wasn't something Club Royale can do. 

4 hours ago, Thom Cruise said:

I booked a cruise in November 2023.

Final payment is August 2024.

Cruise date is 22 Oct 2024.

I phoned RC today (Feb) to re-price and was told that it was not possible as the original booking was made more than 48 hours ago. 

Note that this was through Club Royale, as I had a $500 credit applied to that booking.  Even with the credit, the re-price would be cheaper, but I was told I would lose my deposit as well as my credit if I cancelled my booking and tried to re-book. 

Just to add to the unforgettable experience of Club Royale, I asked about Air2Sea flight booking and they told me I did not qualify for this service as it wasn't something Club Royale can do. 

I think you mentioned you're from the UK, sadly we can't reprice our cruises, unless we book them through a US travel agent 😞