Maybe an end in sight?? Cruise lines call for CDC to change covid testing policy

On 7/13/2022 at 8:06 AM, jticarruthers said:

I have a couple of friends who work in the Travel Industry and after hearing all their tales of woe trying to shepherd people through the ever changing rules from country to country, I decided there was no way I was going to mess with international travel until all this stuff is done, not worth the hassle.

Bad enough dealing with the machinations of our government never mind having to worry about what all the other ones are thinking.

That's too bad. I encourage my 18-year-old son to travel internationally - he just returned from a US to Belgium to Spain to Greece trip and he had a blast over 9 days. He and his girlfriend traveled with a backpack each and rolled with it and had a great time. Don't be confined by imaginary issues. Go for it - you'll regret not going. There have always been "rules" to deal with - visas and other heavy handed restrictions - and millions of people have had the time of their lives dealing while dealing with those issues.

17 hours ago, candmfox said:

That's too bad. I encourage my 18-year-old son to travel internationally - he just returned from a US to Belgium to Spain to Greece trip and he had a blast over 9 days. He and his girlfriend traveled with a backpack each and rolled with it and had a great time. Don't be confined by imaginary issues. Go for it - you'll regret not going. There have always been "rules" to deal with - visas and other heavy handed restrictions - and millions of people have had the time of their lives dealing while dealing with those issues.

Oh I agree in general, spent most of my life overseas so its definitely not a "travel is bad thing". Just not something I am willing to deal with when the rules dont stay in place long enough to plan for, I have better ways to relax than trying to figure out which papers i need, to prove what, today.