xSAILEDx Vision of the Seas - May 1, 2023 - May 11, 2023 (10 Night Fort Lauderdale To Baltimore)

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Vision of the Seas - May 1, 2023 - May 11, 2023 (10 Night Fort Lauderdale To Baltimore)
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Booked this one a few months back, but just haven't been on the boards as much lately due to a busy work schedule so finally getting a chance to join the roll calls...

Definitely got excited for this one since so few itineraries go to all 3 of the ABC islands in the same sailing and have heard from many of how great they all are so I am excited to be able to get to all of them for one trip. 

I'll be headed out from the west coast and getting into Fort Lauderdale on Sunday morning and just booked my hotel for the night before; definitely in full countdown mode for the trip!

Happy to be trying out a new location - this will be my first Caribbean cruise. I've been glad to have Royal sailing from Los Angeles for my introductory sailings, though much more limited itineraries from LA than what the Caribbean can offer. But that hasn't stopped me from enjoying a few trips to the Mexican Riviera since my recent start of cruising to discover how much I enjoy it (I've got a B2B from LA booked for later in the year!).

I haven't departed from Port Everglades in a few years but if it is working like PoM, the suites will be allowed to enter the terminal first, which, at PoM is generally occurring at around 10:15-10:30.  Then you  must wait in the terminal for boarding to begin...but again, the suites will be among the first to board.  That is generally (at PoM_ around 11:00.  When you are in a suite, the arrival time that you choose online, ahead of time, is irrelevant.  The suites all enter the terminal and board at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess this makes sense as May 1 will be the last cruise before Vision relocates to Baltimore.  We are on now.  I wish we could stay on for the next one (we tried but the sailing is completely sold out).  I absolutely love Vision.  It came as a surprise to me as we have sailed Grandeur many times and I was never a huge fan….but I really like Vision.

10 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I guess this makes sense as May 1 will be the last cruise before Vision relocates to Baltimore.  We are on now.  I wish we could stay on for the next one (we tried but the sailing is completely sold out).  I absolutely love Vision.  It came as a surprise to me as we have sailed Grandeur many times and I was never a huge fan….but I really like Vision.

True, hopefully there are no issues found and we can get on smoothly, even if a little delayed. Sorry you were met with a sold out sailing, I’m sure an extra 10 days would be greatly enjoyed. I’m happy to have found and booked this sailing when I did as I got nice rate, and it definitely seemed to fill up right around final payment date. I’m excited to try out Vision - especially to be on it for the joy of cruising and sailing. I feel like I’m going to enjoy it just fine without the bells and whistles of the newer ships, and with the sea days I should get plenty of time to relax and enjoy the ship. 

Easy drive to Baltimore and happy to welcome Vision for May 11 sailing.  No learning curve since we sailed Grandeur many times, starting in her inaugural season in Florida.  She had had a rough go of it by the time she home ported in Baltimore, but we loved her anyway, especially staff. We are an older couple and don’t need bells and whistles.  When traveling with extended family we are happy with Freedom class ships and look forward to Symphony next year.

Does anyone know if concierge Jamie will be staying aboard?

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Vision of the Seas - May 1, 2023 - May 11, 2023 (10 Night Fort Lauderdale To Baltimore)