Going to italy, on OOS - with unvaxxed kids - RCL testing requirements confusing

We are on Oddissey in two weeks time, with two unvaccinated kids (3 and 10y old). 

Till yesterday, all looked fine with this requirement:

All Guests: Required Pre-Cruise Testing  

All guests sailing from Italy will need to take a test before boarding, as detailed below. Tests must be supervised with the result provided on a certificate which includes the guest’s name and date of birth. Telehealth tests are accepted, but must be completed with a supervised video visit. All tests are at the guests’ expense.

• Vaccinated guests who are up to date must bring a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. Vaccinated guests who are not up to date will have a 1 day window to take this test. Kids age 11 or younger who are vaccinated and up to date may present proof of full vaccination and follow this testing protocol. For detailed information on Europe’s requirements for an up to date vaccination status, visit our Vaccine Requirements FAQ.
  • Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11  must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 1 day before boarding day.

Yesterday, I got an email reminder saying the kids need to have an PCR-Test not older than 72h prior to departure. No more antigen test accepted.

Did they not yet update the webpage?

Caro

The 3-day PCR test on Royal for unvaxxed children has been around for a while. I believe they changed the requirement beginning of 2022. You must get an uynvaxxed child a PCR 3 days beforehand and they will give antigen on boarding day. This but a reminder that each European country may have it's own testing requirements on top of Royals.

I am on the same ship (odyssey from Rome) but in three weeks. I have not received any email regarding PCR test for my unvaccinated seven year old. i believe an antigen test one day prior is accepted as well. My doubt are really regarding the emed antigen telehealth test. Accepted for the unvaccinated?, i am not a 100 percent sure. Very confusing

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#italy
The webpage has the same info that you quoted.  The European rules for boarding are most definitely not the same as the rules here in the US.

It appears the emails being sent to passengers have not been updated.  This has happened in the past too.

Yes, there must be some glitch in either communication. The webpage infos are much more easier to accomplish.

Are the online informations, on the webpage, the relevant ones?

Because: On the blog, there's this statement

Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative test result for a PCR test (not antigen) taken no more than 3 days before boarding day. This test cannot be taken on boarding day for unvaccinated kids.

13 hours ago, Carotthat said:

Yes, there must be some glitch in either communication. The webpage infos are much more easier to accomplish.

Are the online informations, on the webpage, the relevant ones?

Because: On the blog, there's this statement

Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative test result for a PCR test (not antigen) taken no more than 3 days before boarding day. This test cannot be taken on boarding day for unvaccinated kids.

is the blog talking about Europe? More importantly:    How old is the blog?
The info is ever changing. 

Edited by Pattycruise
remove content referring to current email

23 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#italy
The webpage has the same info that you quoted.  The European rules for boarding are most definitely not the same as the rules here in the US.

It appears the emails being sent to passengers have not been updated.  This has happened in the past too.

1 hour ago, Pattycruise said:

is the blog talking about Europe? More importantly:    How old is the blog?
The info is ever changing.  You should be guided by current info which is in the email they sent to you.  

🤔

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 1:46 PM, CruiseCulture said:

Aren’t the Emed tests Abbott’s Binax, the same used by Walgreen’s for the unvaxed? 

If you mean for cruise testing of the unvaxxed  for sailing out of the US it would be a PCR test or NAAT PCR that Walgreens gives.    The Emed home tests are antigen tests that are supervised by a proctor via a video