Ravenna (venice?) Cruise!

Just booked Explorer of the seas sailing from Ravenna in 2023; did anyone sail from this port? How close is Venice to Ravenna, and how would be the best way to get to the port from Venice? We are flying from Madrid to Venice and staying in Venice 1 day before sailing. First time heading to the greek islands for us!

There are lots of people trying to figure this out for the 2022 sailings from Ravenna that start next month.  RC offers a shuttle from the Venice airport, but some have been told it is only for same-day arrivals and departures.  Others have been told there is a shuttle from the Venice bus station.  Ravenna is about 3 hours away by train with one change of train.  Some are booking private or shared shuttles although those are more expensive.  Since you are travelling in 2023, I think you will see much better information here in the coming months. You might check on some of the roll call boards for this summer for Brilliance of the Seas and Rhapsody of the Seas.

17 minutes ago, NewlyRoyalBuckeye said:

There are lots of people trying to figure this out for the 2022 sailings from Ravenna that start next month.  RC offers a shuttle from the Venice airport, but some have been told it is only for same-day arrivals and departures.  Others have been told there is a shuttle from the Venice bus station.  Ravenna is about 3 hours away by train with one change of train.  Some are booking private or shared shuttles although those are more expensive.  Since you are travelling in 2023, I think you will see much better information here in the coming months. You might check on some of the roll call boards for this summer for Brilliance of the Seas and Rhapsody of the Seas.

I agree with this.  I am doing a Barcelona to Ravenna sailing and will be one of those "test cases" trying to figure out the shuttle since I am staying 2 days post cruise.  I did hear that you can tell Royal you are arriving day of and provide a flight # to them and they will add you to the shuttle (at whatever price they are selling the service for), but you will need to go to the airport to get it.    I am in the midst of trying to do this with my cruise-telling them I am flying out on a small side trip overnight before I spend my few days in Venice.  Hopefully it will work, if not I'll need to figure out a plan B.  I can't see schlepping my luggage to a train station.

37 minutes ago, NewlyRoyalBuckeye said:

I didnt know it was a 2 train ride, i thought it was just one. Thanks for clarifying this, hoping to see some reviews in the upcoming weeks to decide wether to arrive a day earlier to ravenna and sleep there or just head to the port from Venice which seemed like the best option by now. 

We are sailing out of Ravenna at the end of May (2022) and will gladly share details about the experience of getting from Venice to Porto Corsini (Ravenna).  We have booked a private transfer to get us from Venice to Ravenna the morning of the cruise but prepared to take the train if needed.  Still working on my post cruise transportation from Ravenna to the Bologna airport.  

My train research showed that there are a few options involving one train, and more options with 2 trains from Veice.  You still need transportation from the train station to the cruise port.  

12 hours ago, Va4fam said:

We are sailing out of Ravenna at the end of May (2022) and will gladly share details about the experience of getting from Venice to Porto Corsini (Ravenna).  We have booked a private transfer to get us from Venice to Ravenna the morning of the cruise but prepared to take the train if needed.  Still working on my post cruise transportation from Ravenna to the Bologna airport.  

My train research showed that there are a few options involving one train, and more options with 2 trains from Veice.  You still need transportation from the train station to the cruise port.  

Hello! The train between Ravenna and Bologna is a 1hr ride, very cheap (15 EUR for 2 ppl) and the Bologna train station is next to the airport. Hope this helps!

14 hours ago, Va4fam said:

Good to know there are some 1 train options from Venice.  We are doing the opposite of you.  We decided to fly into Bologna the day before the cruise and take the train from there to Ravenna (airport train from Bologna airport to central station and then a 1 hour train ride to Ravenna that leaves almost every hour). Our hotel is close to the train station and they said we can easily get a taxi to port around 15 minutes away or take a bus.  After the cruise, we are spending 2 days in Venice and have booked a private transfer from the cruise port in Ravenna to our hotel in Venice.