Spa questions on Quantum Class

FSUFAN

We’ve never been on a RCL sailing and I have some questions about the spa area that I can’t seem to find online.  Last cruise we were on (another line), the Spa was one floor above our room. I would get up early (6:00ish) in the morning and do a sauna/steam visit and then shower/shave in the larger spa showers (I’m 6’4”). No one was ever there and it was easy and relaxing. Mrs Fan could get ready without me getting in the way.  I like the idea of the Thermal Suite, but if it is too crowded or restrictive, then I just won’t do that.

Do they offer free access to a steam room (and showers)?

Free access to the sauna (and showers)?

Is the Thermal Suite worth the cost (I know it depends)?

What are the pros/cons of the Thermal Suite?

With the Thermal Suite, are there restrictions?

Are there other options (paid or free) that I am not aware of on the Quantum?

28 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

Pro-wet and dry sauna. Pro-intimate and quiet.

Con-15 minute reservations. Con-cost.

If you go to book the thermal suite, it will give you options to choose a time frame in 15 minute increments.

The thermal spa does not actually require 15 minutes reservations. When you purchase the pass you have unlimited access durring spa hours.

1 hour ago, FSUFAN said:

We’ve never been on a RCL sailing and I have some questions about the spa area that I can’t seem to find online.  Last cruise we were on (another line), the Spa was one floor above our room. I would get up early (6:00ish) in the morning and do a sauna/steam visit and then shower/shave in the larger spa showers (I’m 6’4”). No one was ever there and it was easy and relaxing. Mrs Fan could get ready without me getting in the way.  I like the idea of the Thermal Suite, but if it is too crowded or restrictive, then I just won’t do that.

Do they offer free access to a steam room (and showers)?

Free access to the sauna (and showers)?

Is the Thermal Suite worth the cost (I know it depends)?

Are there other options (paid or free) that I am not aware of on the Quantum?

There is no free access to the sauna, steam rooms, or showers. You much purchase the thermal suite package. My wife gets it every cruise and feels it very much worth the money. They sell limited passes so it rarely gets busy. The only con to the RC thermal suite is no whirlpool or thalsotherapy pool but it sounds like that is not what you are looking for.

Question off this question - if you book a massage, do you also get access to the thermal suite before or after your massage? I know some spas on land (including the Burke Williams chain where I am in California) let you use the hot tubs and saunas to loosen your muscles a bit before going into the treatment room.

1 hour ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

It is an IT thing with Royal. The 15 minute thing on the website is meaningless. A thermal pass gives you access anytime, as long as you want, and as many times as you want during spa hours.

Thank you for clearing that up!  Now I have one more thing to reserve and pay for! 🤣

2 hours ago, ChanaC said:

Question off this question - if you book a massage, do you also get access to the thermal suite before or after your massage? I know some spas on land (including the Burke Williams chain where I am in California) let you use the hot tubs and saunas to loosen your muscles a bit before going into the treatment room.

Yes. 

Thanks to all for the clarification.  No free access to steam/sauna is a bummer.  I will probably get the Thermal Suite for myself.  Mrs Fan does not like either steam or sauna.  She does want a massage sometime during the sailing.  Might do a couples massage if they offer it and the price is not too out of bounds.